• Do not open and remove the EASY DE-CALC knob
from the steam generator during use and or when
the steam generator is still hot or under pressure.
• If steam or hot water droplets escape from under
the EASY DE-CALC knob when the appliance heats
up, switch off the appliance and cool it down
for at least 2 hours. Tighten the EASY DE-CALC
knob. If steam continues to escape, switch off
the appliance and contact the service center
authorized by Philips.
• Do not use any other cap on the steam generator
than the EASY DE-CALC knob that has been
supplied with the appliance.
• Keep your fingers or hand away from the soleplate
when steam is activated to avoid burns during
• Never direct the steam towards persons or animals.
• Applicable for Perfect Care Elite Plus and Perfect
Care 9000 series products: Do not swing or
move the iron back and forth in the air when the
intelligent auto steam mode is activated to avoid
burns from steam.
CAUTION: Hot surface
Surfaces are liable to get hot during
use (for irons with hot symbol marked
on the appliance).
• Only connect the appliance to an earthed wall
• The appliance must be used and placed on a flat,
heat-resistant surface. When you place the iron on
its stand, make sure that the surface on which you
place it is stable. Stand is the heel of the iron or the
part, which the iron is placed when at rest.
• Check the mains cord and the supply hose
regularly for possible damage.
• The plug must only be connected to a socket with
the same technical characteristics as plug.
• Fully unwind the mains cord before you plug it in
the wall socket.
• The iron platform and the soleplate of the iron
can become extremely hot and may cause burns if
touched. If you want to move the steam generator,
do not touch the iron platform.
• When you have finished ironing, when you clean
the appliance, when you fill or empty the steam
generator and when you leave the iron even for a
short while: put the iron back on the iron platform,
switch off the appliance and remove the mains
plug from the wall socket.
• Unplug the appliance and cool it down for at least
2 hours to avoid risk of burns. Descale or calc clean
the steam generator according to the instructions
in chapter ‘Cleaning and maintenance’.
Congratulations on your purchase and welcome
to Philips! To fully benefit from the support
that Philips offers, register your product at
Read the separate important information leaflet
and the user manual carefully before you use the
appliance. Save both documents for future reference.
This appliance has been designed for domestic use
only. Any commercial use, inappropriate use or failure
to comply with the instructions, the manufacturer
accepts no responsibility and the guarantee will not
• Never immerse the iron or the steam generator in
• Check if the voltage indicated on the type plate
corresponds to the local mains voltage before you
connect the appliance.
• Do not use the appliance if the plug, the mains
cord, the steam supply hose or the appliance itself
shows visible damage, or if the appliance has been
dropped or leaked.
• If the mains cord or the steam supply hose is
damaged, you must have it replaced by Philips;
a service centre authorized by Philips or similarly
qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
• Never leave the appliance unattended when it is
connected to the mains.
• This appliance can be used by children aged
8 or above and by persons with reduced
physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack
of experience and knowledge if they have been
given instructions in safe use of the appliance or
supervision to establish safe use and if they have
been made aware of the hazards involved.
• Do not allow children to play with the appliance.
• Keep the iron and its mains cord out of the reach
of children aged 8 or under when the appliance is
switched on or cooling down.
• Children are only allowed to clean the appliance
and perform descale or Calc-Clean procedure
• Do not let the mains cord and steam supply hose
come into contact with the hot soleplate of the
• Before performing descale or calc-clean, unplug
the appliance and cool it down for at least 2 hours
to avoid risk of burns.