If the opening that sucks in the air, the suction pipe or the telescopic tube stick
on pipe are blocked, you should switch off the vacuum cleaner at once. First clear
the blocked substance before you attempt to start the vacuum cleaner again.
1. Do not operate the vacuum
cleaner too close to heaters
and like radiators, cigarette
2. Before you insert the plug
into the wall contact, make
sure your hand is dry.
3. Before you start using the
vacuum cleaner, please remove
large or sharp objects from the
floor in order to prevent the
paper filter from being damaged.
4. When you want to pull the plug
from the wall contact, please do
this at the plug itself and not by
means of the electrical cable.
This vacuum cleaner is equipped with a plug and a cable, which rolls up
If anything gets damaged, both the plug and the cable must be repaired by a Nilfisk service agent.
ASSEMBLING VACUUM CLEANER
Always remove the plug from the power socket before fitting or removing
1.Connecting vacuum cleaner
1. Fitting or removing the flexible hose
Insert flexible hose into the air intake duct
on the front of appliance. Press until it clicks
Remove the plug from the power socket. Press button to release the
flexible hose firmly from the air intake duct.
2.Fitting the extension tubes and accessories
a. Fitting the extension tube to the handle.
b. Fitting the extension tubes.
2. Cleaning tools use
The crevice tool and dusting brush are stored on the accessories holder.
1. Crevice tool: For crevices, corners, baseboards and between cushions.
2. Dusting brush is used for furniture, venetian blinds, book,
lamp shades and shelves.
3. The small brush can be used to clean your furniture.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Before using appliance, unwind a sufficient length of cable and insert the plug
into the power socket. A yellow mark on the power cable shows the ideal cable
length. Don’t extend the cable beyond the red mark.
1.Press the ON/OFF button to switch the appliance on.
2. To rewind the power cable, press the rewind button with one hand and guide the
cable with the other hand to ensure that it does not whip causing damage.
3. Slide the Electronic Power Switch to control the suction of
1. Emptying rubbish from the dust compartment subassembly
z Always operate the cleaner with the dust compartment subassembly completely
z The dust container must be emptied if the window of the filter indicator
turns fully red when the cleaner is operating at maximum power and the
nozzle is raised from the floor.
1. After removing the flexible tube, handhold
handle and press the locking button.
2. Take out the dustcup.
3. Press the lock of dustcup's lower cover.
4. Carry away the dust-glass cap and empty rubbish
5. If dirty, turn and take out the cone and clean it.
6. Replace the dust compartment subassembly until it is locked.
2. Cleaning and changing the HEPA filter
z Filter for air-inlet should be cleaned regularly or before it
becomes visible solid.
z Clean HEPA for air-let when you find it is full.
z HEPA for air-inlet and filter for air-outlet are changed.
z Always operate the cleaner with filters and HEPA installed.
z Otherwise, reduced suction or motor damage may be result.
z Disconnect from electrical outlet, before cleaning filter.
z Do not use a washing machine to rinse filter.
z Do not use hair drier to dry it.
1. Cleaning and changing filter and HEPA for air-inlet
(1) Take out HEPA assembly.
(2) Rinse bracket and HEPA in lukewarm water and dry Filter and HEPA completely.
(HEPA can be cleaned by a soft brush.)
(3) Rinse filter in lukewarm water and dry filter completely.
3. Changing the exhaust filter
1. Open the cover for exhaust filler.
2. Pull out the filter.
3. Replace it with a new filter.
4. Close the cover for HEPA filler.
The guarantee does not cover:
• If the machine has been used for
• If the machine has been used for
suction of water,plaster dust or
Nor will it cover incorrect or poor
configuration, i.e. setting up or
connection, nor fire-damage, fire,
lightning strike or unusual voltage
fluctuations or any other electrical
disturbances such as defective fuses
or defective electrical installations
on the supply grid, and defects or
damage in general that Nilfisk-
Advance consider to be the result
of causes other than manufacturing
and material defects.
The guarantee is valid in:
Australia Customer Care helpline:
Telephone 1300 733 171
)UHH3KRQH40 80 80