Mio FUSE User Guide 02
TABLE OF CONTENTS
03 What’s Included
03 Important Safety Information
04 Your Mio FUSE
04 Getting Started
Using Mio FUSE
06 Mio FUSE Touchpoints
06 All-Day Mode
06 Workout Mode
08 All-Day Screens
08 Workout Screens
08 Daily Goal
08 Arm Position
08 Vibration Alert
09 Screen Lock
Heart Rate Training Modes
09 Training Zone Mode (5-Zone)
09 Zone Alert Mode (1-Zone)
Data Storage and Transfer
10 Connecting to a Receiving Device
Maintaining Your Mio Fuse
11 Battery Care
12 Cleaning Your Mio FUSE
12 Using Mio FUSE in Water
12 Caring for Your Mio FUSE
12 Mio FUSE Specifications
Warranty and Regulations
13 Warranty & Service
14 Exclusions And Limitations Of Liability;
15 Copyright and Trademarks
15 Regulations and Conformity
HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR MIO FUSE?
We’re ready to help! Your complete satisfaction is our goal, so your feedback is crucial.
If you have any thoughts, questions, or concerns, just contact our knowledgeable support team at:
Set up your device
with the Mio GO app
Mio FUSE User Guide 03
WARRANTY & REGULATIONS
Congratulations on your purchase of Mio FUSE, the all-in-one performance wristband that
tracks your heart rate, workout data, and daily activity. Mio FUSE uses ANT+™
Smart (BLE) technology to wirelessly transmit your data to a smartphone, bike computer, or
another compatible device. Track your workouts with the Mio GO app or take advantage of
hundreds of other fitness apps.
Remember to register your Mio FUSE online at mioglobal.com/register to receive full
1. Mio FUSE
2. USB Charger
3. Quick Start Guide/Warranty
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Be sure to consult your doctor before beginning a new exercise program.
While Mio FUSE provides accurate heart rate measurements, it is not a medical device. The
Mio FUSE and USB charger contain strong magnets. If you use a pacemaker, defibrillator, or
other implanted electronic devices, consult your doctor before using a Mio FUSE.
See Battery Care for important battery care and battery safety information.
QUICK START GUIDE
Set up your heart rate
zones and register for
Mio FUSE User Guide 04
YOUR MIO FUSE
A Heart Rate / Timer Touchpoint
B/C Scroll Touchpoints
E Heart Rate (HR) Indicator Light
Activating Your Mio FUSE
To activate your Mio FUSE, simply charge it with the USB charger provided. Mio FUSE has
successfully activated when you see this symbol on the display:
1. Warning: Make sure the two charging pins on the back of Mio FUSE are dry. If they are
wet, pat them gently with a dry towel.
2. Plug the USB charger into the USB port of your computer.
3. Align the two charging pins on the back of Mio FUSE to the two charging pins on the
USB charger. The magnets in the charging pins will help the two pieces lock into place.
Mio FUSE User Guide 05
The display will show to indicate that the battery is charging. Once the battery is fully
charged, the display will show:
When the battery level is low, Mio FUSE will show . You can also see the battery level
in Mio GO when the Mio FUSE is connected to the app.
Each full charge will provide approximately 6-7 days of use, if heart rate monitoring is used for 1
hour per day.
For important battery care and battery safety information, please see Battery Care.
Initial set up of the Mio FUSE must be done through the Mio GO app. Download Mio GO onto
your smartphone from:
After Mio GO is installed, open the app and follow the set up instructions.
Set Up Profile
Set up your user profile. Your information will allow Mio GO to provide more accurate data and
a better interactive training experience.
Connect Mio Device
1. Turn on the Bluetooth function of your smartphone.
2. Within Mio GO, select your Mio FUSE from the list of devices found. Once connected,
the time displayed on Mio FUSE will automatically sync with the clock on your
3. Tap >to customize your device. See Device Settings for more information about
• Choose your preferred heart rate training mode and set your heart rate zone limits
(See Heart Rate Training Modes for more information)
• Customize Mio FUSE screens and display options
• Set your daily goal
• Select left/right arm position
• Turn on/off vibration alert
• Turn on/off Screen Lock feature
Your Mio FUSE is now ready to use! For assistance in setting up your device, please visit
Mio FUSE User Guide 06
USING MIO FUSE
MIO FUSE TOUCHPOINTS
Mio FUSE is a touch-operated device. Navigate screens and features by tapping on the Touchpoints.
Note: To prevent accidental triggering of the device, the Touchpoints are only active when your arm
is in a horizontal position, parallel to the ground.
In All-Day Mode, Mio FUSE tracks and displays your daily accumulated steps, calories,
distance, and goal progress. Your activity in Workout Mode is included in these totals. The
values are reset to 0 at midnight each day.
In All-Day Mode, tap any Touchpoint to turn on the display. Tap B or C to scroll through the
screens. The default screens are: time, calories, steps, and goal progress. You can customize
which screens to display and also set your target goal through the Mio GO app. See Set Up for
Mio FUSE stores up to 14 days of daily summary data. If Mio FUSE runs out of memory during
All-Day Mode, it will start overwriting the oldest daily summary data. Please see Data Storage
and Transfer for more information.
In Workout Mode, Mio FUSE tracks and displays your real-time heart rate, current heart rate
zone, workout duration, calories, distance, pace, and speed.
To enter Workout Mode, you must first turn on heart rate monitoring. Touch and hold A ; Mio
FUSE will vibrate and proceed to find your heart rate. Hold your arm still until your heart rate is
found. (If you see displayed, Mio FUSE was unable to find your heart rate. Please refer
To stop monitoring your heart rate, touch and hold A until the display shows QUIT.
Important: Wash Mio FUSE regularly with mild soap and water. As Mio FUSE is designed
to be worn all-day, regular cleaning is necessary to prevent skin irritation. Make sure you
allow both your arm and Mio FUSE to dry completely before resuming wear.
Mio FUSE User Guide 07
Using the Workout Timer
After Mio FUSE has found your heart rate, you can begin tracking your workout.
Start: Tap A to start the timer.
Scroll: During your workout, tap B or C to scroll through the screens. You can
customize which screens to display through the Mio GO app. Please see Set Up for more
Pause: Tap A to pause the timer, and again to resume.
End Workout: When the timer is paused, touch and hold A to exit Workout Mode. Mio
FUSE will return to All-Day Mode.
Note: Your heart rate and workout data will only be recorded when the timer is running.
Wearing Your Mio FUSE
To accurately monitor your heart rate during your workout:
1. Fasten Mio FUSE snugly on your lower forearm, about 1-3 inches (3-8 cm) above your
wrist bone. The optical sensor on the back should make good contact with your skin.
2. If you have a smaller wrist, wear the Mio FUSE higher on your forearm.
3. For cyclists or users with concave wrists, wear the Mio FUSE higher and on the
underside of your forearm, since bending of the wrist may affect the heart rate
4. If you are using Mio FUSE with an ANT+ sport device, wear both devices on the same
arm for a better ANT+ connection.
Important: For optimal heart rate accuracy, especially if you often have cold hands or poor
circulation, we strongly recommend doing a warm up exercise for a few minutes before you
begin to track your heart rate.
Mio FUSE User Guide 08
• Minimize wrist movement when Mio FUSE is searching for your initial heart rate.
• Try tightening the strap.
• Try wearing the Mio FUSE higher on your forearm.
• On colder days, activate the heart rate reading before heading outdoors.
• If you are still having trouble, try wearing Mio FUSE on your other arm.
For additional help, please visit mioglobal.com/support.
You can configure these settings through the Mio GO app. See Set Up for more information.
Select which metrics you would like displayed when you scroll through your screens in All-Day Mode.
Select which metrics you would like displayed when you scroll through your screens in Workout
Mode. You can select predefined options for various activities, or custom configure your
screens. You can also set your display to always on while you work out.
Set a daily goal for steps taken, distance travelled, or calories burned. Track your progress
towards the goal each day on the goal progress screen.
Select in Mio GO whether you will wear Mio FUSE on your left or right arm. The screen
orientation will automatically change to reflect your selection. Note that in the Left arm
position, Touchpoint A will be above the display, and in the Right arm position, Touchpoint
A will be below the display.
When vibration alerts are enabled, Mio FUSE will vibrate when you:
• Begin heart rate monitoring
• Start, pause, resume, or end a workout
• Enter a new heart rate zone in 5-Zone Mode
• Are outside your target zone in 1-Zone Mode
Mio FUSE User Guide 09
Enable screen lock to prevent accidental triggering of your device. When Mio FUSE is locked,
tap any Touchpoint to see the last active screen. To unlock, touch and hold B and C
simultaneously. The device will automatically relock after 10 seconds of inactivity.
HEART RATE TRAINING MODES
In Workout Mode, the HR Indicator Light provides real-time feedback on your heart rate. When
Mio FUSE is connected to a Bluetooth device, the HR Indicator Light will do single flashes.
When no Bluetooth device is connected, the HR Indicator Light will do double flashes.
Choose between Training Zone Mode (5-Zone) and Zone Alert Mode (1-Zone), and customize
the upper and lower boundaries of each HR zone using the Mio GO app. The default mode is
5-Zone Mode. Please see Set Up for more information.
TRAINING ZONE MODE (5-ZONE)
In 5-Zone Mode, the HR Indicator Light shows your current HR zone. Mio FUSE will vibrate
when you move into another HR zone.
Light Blue Rest
Blue Very Light
ZONE ALERT MODE (1-ZONE)
In 1-Zone Mode, the HR Indicator Light shows whether you are below, within, or above your
selected target HR zone. Mio FUSE will vibrate when you are not within your target HR zone.
Blue Below Target HR Zone
Green Within Target HR Zone
Red Above Target HR Zone
Mio FUSE User Guide 10
DATA STORAGE AND TRANSFER
Mio FUSE can store up to 14 days of daily summary data in All-Day Mode and an additional 30
hours of exercise data in Workout Mode. Mio FUSE will display LOW MEM when there are less
than 2 hours of memory remaining; it will display NO MEM when no memory is left, or when
30 exercises have been recorded. If Mio FUSE runs out of memory during Workout Mode, it
will stop recording your workout and display NO MEM, but the timer will keep running.
Mio FUSE will automatically sync your data when it connects to the Mio GO app on your
smartphone. Sync daily to see your activity data, review your workout statistics, and clear your
For help with connecting your Mio FUSE, please visit mioglobal.com/support.
CONNECTING TO A RECEIVING DEVICE
You can connect Mio FUSE to transmit your heart rate to many fitness apps, cycling computers,
GPS watches, and other sport devices through Bluetooth Smart wireless technology (BLE) and
ANT+. See what devices and apps are compatible at mioglobal.com/compatibility.
You will be required to pair Mio FUSE with every new app and receiving device you use. Pairing
prevents signal interference from other sensors and devices in the area.
Tips for Pairing
• Stay 30 meters (100 feet) away from other ANT+ or Bluetooth sensors and devices.
• Position the receiving device as close to your Mio FUSE as possible, ideally within 1
meter (3 feet).
• Wear the receiving device on your arm, in your front pocket, or in front of you on a
belt or bike handlebar. Do not position the device behind you (e.g. in a back pocket or
• Heart rate calculation of the Mio FUSE is not based on instant R-R interval, and will not
work for apps and devices that require heart rate variability (HRV) data.
Pairing With Apps Through Bluetooth
Pairing must be completed within the app settings, not in your smart device’s Bluetooth settings.
If you want to pair through ANT+, you will need a device with built-in ANT+ support, or an
ANT+ dongle. (For details, visit http://www.thisisant.com.)
1. Turn on the Bluetooth function of your device. If you use an Android device, open the
Bluetooth settings menu on your device. Enable the setting that makes your device
visible to other Bluetooth devices.
2. Open the app that you would like to pair with and add your Mio FUSE as a heart rate
sensor. The setup process varies by app, but the option to add a heart rate sensor is
typically found in the Settings menu. Repeat the above pairing process for each app.
After initial pairing is complete, your Mio FUSE will automatically be recognized each
time you use the app.
Mio FUSE User Guide 11
Requirements for Android Apps
To pair with an Android app through Bluetooth Smart, all of the following requirements must
• Your device is running an Android version 4.3 or higher
• Your device has Bluetooth 4.0
• Your app supports both of the above
To find out whether your Android device meets the compatibility requirements, visit
Pairing With Sport Devices Such As Bike Computers
Instructions vary for each device. Follow your device manufacturer’s instructions for receiving
heart rate data from a chest strap; your device will register the Mio FUSE.
MAINTAINING YOUR MIO FUSE
Mio FUSE contains a rechargeable lithium polymer battery. Follow these instructions and
guidelines to maintain the battery lifespan.
Warning: If you do not follow these guidelines, the battery life could be shortened and there
is risk of damage to your Mio FUSE, risk of fire, risk of electrolyte leaks and chemical burns, and
risk of injury.
Battery Care Guidelines
• Recharge the battery at least once every 6 months.
• Do not expose Mio FUSE to high temperatures.
• Use your Mio FUSE in the temperature range of 5°C to 45°C (41°F to 113°F).
• Store the Mio FUSE in the temperature range of -5°C to 55°C (23°F to 131°F).
• Do not disassemble, puncture, or incinerate the Mio FUSE device and strap.
• If the casing of the device breaks and the battery is exposed, keep the battery away from
children. Contact your local recycling authority to properly dispose of the device & battery.
• The battery lasts for approximately 300 charge cycles. If charged on a weekly basis,
the battery should last for at least 5 years.
• The battery is non-replaceable. If the battery charge length is noticeably much shorter
than before, your Mio product may have reached its end of life. Contact your local
recycling authority to properly dispose of the device and battery.
Mio FUSE User Guide 12
CLEANING YOUR MIO FUSE
• Wash Mio FUSE regularly with mild soap and water. As Mio FUSE is designed to be
worn all-day, regular cleaning is necessary to prevent skin irritation.
• Make sure you allow both your arm and Mio FUSE to dry completely before resuming
• Avoid scratching the device to protect your Mio FUSE from damage.
• Do not expose the Mio FUSE to strong chemicals such as gasoline, cleaning solvents,
acetone, alcohol, or insect repellents. Chemicals can damage the seal, case, and finish.
• After swimming, rinse Mio FUSE with tap water and gently dry with a soft cloth.
• If your skin becomes irritated, wear Mio FUSE on the other arm or discontinue wearing
until the irritation clears.
USING MIO FUSE IN WATER
• Mio FUSE is water resistant up to 30 meters and can be worn while swimming.
• Important: The Mio FUSE is water resistant only if the device remains intact.
• Touch function is suspended when the Mio FUSE is underwater.
• The accuracy of the heart rate monitor may be reduced in cold water or if you are
using large arm movements.
• Do not wear your Mio FUSE while diving.
• Wireless communication does not work under water.
• After swimming, rinse Mio FUSE with tap water and gently dry with a soft cloth.
CARING FOR YOUR MIO FUSE
• Important: Do not attempt to disassemble or service your Mio FUSE. The sensor unit
cannot be removed from the strap.
• Protect your Mio FUSE from impact shocks, extreme heat, and extended exposure to
Mio FUSE User Guide 13
MIO FUSE SPECIFICATIONS
Maximum Readable Heart Rate: 220 BPM
Minimum Readable Heart Rate: 30 BPM
Operating Temperature: 5°C to 45°C (41°F to 113°F)
Caseback Charging Pins: SUS 316
Water Resistance: Up to 30m
Battery: 125mAh Lithium Polymer
Expected Battery Life: Up to 5 Years
Magnets: Neodymium – iron – boron (NdFeB)
Radio Frequency/Protocol: 2.4 GHz ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart wireless technology
WARRANTY AND REGULATIONS
WARRANTY & SERVICE
Be sure to visit our support pages to find online help, FAQs, videos, and manuals for your
Mio Global Limited Warranty Information
This product is warranted to the original purchaser to be free from defects of quality, materials
or workmanship at the time of delivery for the Limited Warranty Period (see below). During
the Limited Warranty Period, Physical Enterprises Inc. (Mio Global) will, at its sole discretion,
remedy such defects free of charge either by a) repairing, or b) replacing, or c) refunding the
original purchase price (excluding taxes, shipping, handling, duties, and similar amounts),
subject to the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty. Processing of all warranty claims
will be handled by the distributor of the product for the geographic area where the original
purchase was made. To obtain warranty service, contact the store/dealer where the product
was purchased to make a warranty claim.
The “Limited Warranty Period” starts on the date of purchase and lasts for one year,
ending on the first anniversary of the date of purchase. Your store/dealer (or its importer or
distributor) may have offered you a longer warranty period as part of the sale; Mio Global is
not responsible for such longer warranty period so please contact your store/dealer for more
Mio FUSE User Guide 14
information. The Limited Warranty Period will automatically expire without notice, and this
Limited Warranty is not enforceable, if (as determined at the sole discretion of Mio Global):
1. the product has been opened or otherwise tampered with (except where permitted by
the relevant documentation, such as to properly replace batteries as instructed);
2. the product has been serviced by a person other than Mio Global;
3. the serial number has been removed, altered or made illegible in any way; or
4. the product was not purchased from an authorized reseller of Mio Global (please
contact Mio Global to obtain a list of authorized resellers).
Please refer to mioglobal.com/support for country-specific warranty information.
Exclusions and Limitations
This Limited Warranty does not cover, and customers will not be entitled to any claim under
this Limited Warranty or otherwise for:
1. problems arising from abuse or rough, careless, or improper handling (and without
limiting the foregoing, damage resulting from bending or dropping the product will
be deemed the result of abuse or improper use);
2. problems arising from misuse contrary to intended or recommended use;
3. problems arising from alteration of the Mio product, such as moisture or water
damage sufficient to affect the proper function of the product, and damage to the
product case or visible cracking of the face;
4. problems arising from the use of the Mio product with any product, accessory,
software and/or service not manufactured or supplied by Mio Global; or
5. replaceable batteries, or user manuals or any third-
in each case as determined at the sole discretion of Mio Global.
EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY; DISCLAIMERS
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS ONLY VALID AND ENFORCEABLE IN THE COUNTRY OF PURCHASE. TO THE
MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE, MANDATORY LAWS:
1. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AND IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER
WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, GUARANTEES OR CONDITIONS, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED;
2. NEITHER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, NOR ANY OTHER WARRANTY, GUARANTEE, REPRESENTATION
OR CONDITION, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY AND CONDITION (WHETHER FOR
MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR OTHERWISE), WILL EXTEND BEYOND
THE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD;
3. MIO GLOBAL, OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS,
REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “PHYSICAL ENTITIES”), SHALL NOT BE LIABLE
FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT
NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF ANTICIPATED BENEFITS, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF USE, COST OF CAPITAL,
COST OF ANY SUBSTITUTE EQUIPMENT OR FACILITIES, CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES, DAMAGE TO
PROPERTY RESULTING FROM THE PURCHASE OR USE OF THE ITEM OR ARISING FROM BREACH OF
THE WARRANTY, BREACH OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT TORT, OR ANY LEGAL OR EQUITABLE
THEORY, EVEN IF MIO GLOBAL KNEW OF THE LIKELIHOOD OF SUCH DAMAGES;
Mio FUSE User Guide 15
4. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE PHYSICAL ENTITIES DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE
OPERATION OF THE PRODUCT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, OR THAT THE PRODUCT
WILL WORK WITH ANY HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE PROVIDED BY A THIRD PARTY, AND EXPRESSLY
DISCLAIM ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM INACCURACY OR MATHEMATICAL INACCURACY OF THE
PRODUCT OR THE LOSS OF STORED DATA; AND
5. THE PHYSICAL ENTITIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DELAY IN RENDERING WARRANTY SERVICE.
SOME PROVINCES, STATES OR OTHER JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON THE LENGTH OF
IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, OR DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN
TYPES OF DAMAGES, OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY
CAUSED BY THAT PARTY’S NEGLIGENCE. IF THAT IS TRUE OF THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER’S PROVINCE, STATE
OR JURISDICTION, THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS SHALL NOT APPLY EXCEPT TO THE MAXIMUM
EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH APPLICABLE LAW. YOU HAVE SPECIFIC RIGHTS UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
HOWEVER, YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION AND
NOTHING IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY WILL APPLY TO REDUCE OR ELIMINATE ANY OF YOUR MANDATORY,
Contacting Mio Global
For all matters related to this Limited Warranty, please contact Mio Global:
COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARKS
©2015 Physical Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved. Mio and the Mio logo are trademarks of
Physical Enterprises Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries.
is a registered trademark of Physical Enterprises Inc.
is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.
is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
is a trademark of Dynastream Innovations Inc. Visit http://www.thisisant.com/directory
word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and
any use of such marks by Physical Enterprises Inc. or Mio is under license.
Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
Mio FUSE User Guide 16
REGULATIONS AND CONFORMITY
EU RESIDENTS: Do not dispose of this product as unsorted municipal waste. It is your
responsibility to return this product to your local recycling service.
EU-DECLARATION OF CONFORMITY Physical Enterprises Inc. declares this heart
rate band (Mio FUSE) in compliance with EMC directive 2004/108/EC. Please e-mail
firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of the Declaration of Conformity.
If there are electrostatic disturbances in the environment, the product may malfunction
or display an error. In this case, reset the product or relocate to an area without such
Designed in Canada
Made in China