View a manual of the JVC GD-W213L below. All manuals on ManualsCat.com can be viewed completely free of charge. By using the 'Select a language' button, you can choose the language of the manual you want to view.
B5A-0998-00 EN DE JP GD-W213L The description page of the European products. Thank you for purchasing this JVC product. Before putting the device into operation, please read the instructions carefully to get the best performance to ensure. 1-3121-1771G00 For Customer Use: Enter below the Serial No. which is located on the rear of the cabinet.Retain this information for future reference. Model No. : GD-W213L Serial No. :
- 2 - Safety Precautions CAUTION RISK OF ELECTRICAL SHOCK DO NOT OPEN CAUTION: To reduce the risk of electric shock. Do not remove cover (or back). No user serviceable parts inside. Refer servicing to qualified service personnel. The lightning flash with arrowhead symbol, within an equilateral triangle is intended to alert the user to the presence of uninsulated "dangerous voltage" within the product's enclosure that may be of sufficient magnitude to constitute a risk of electric shock to persons. The exclamation point within an equilateral triangle is intended to alert the user to the presence of important operating and maintenance (servicing) instructions in the literature accompanying the appliance. WARNING: TO REDUCE RISK OF FIRE OR ELECTRIC SHOCK, DO NOT EXPOSE THIS APPARATUS TO RAIN OR MOISTURE. NO OBJECTS FILLED WITH LIQUIDS, SUCH AS VASES, SHALL BE PLACED ON THE APPARATUS. IMPORTANT SAFEGUARDS Electrical energy can perform many useful functions. This unit has been engineered and manufactured to assure your personal safety. But IMPROPER USE CAN RESULT IN POTENTIAL ELECTRIC SHOCK OR FIRE. In order not to defeat the safeguards incorporated into this product, observe the following basic rules for its installation, use. and service. Please read these “IMPORTANT SAFEGUARDS” carefully before use. • All the safety and operating instructions should be read before the product is operated. • The safety and operating instructions should be retained for future reference. • All warnings on the product and in the operating instructions should be adhered to. • All operating instructions should be followed. POWER CONNECTION The power supply voltage rating of this product is AC 100 V - 240 V. The power cord attached conforms to the following power supply voltage and countries. Use only the power cord designated to ensure safety and EMC regulations of each country. For U.S.A. and Canada: AC 120 V For European and Asian countries: AC 220 - 240 V For United Kingdom: AC 220 - 240 V This plug will fit only into a grounded power outlet. If you are unable to insert the plug into the outlet, contact your electrician to install the proper outlet. Do not defeat the safety purpose of the grounded plug. • This product should be operated only with the type of power source indicated on the label. If you are not sure of the type of power supply of your home, consult your product dealer or local electric power company. Warning: • Do not use the same power cord for AC 120 V as for AC 220 - 240 V. Doing so may cause malfunction, electric shock or fire. Note for United Kingdom power cord only The plug of United Kingdom power cord has a built-in fuse. When replacing the fuse, be sure to use only a correctly rated approved type, re-fit the fuse cover. (Consult your dealer or qualified personnel.) How to replace the fuse Open the fuse compartment with the blade screwdriver, and replace the fuse. Fuse EN
- 3 - When using stands for this monitor, use the supplied stands and attach them properly. • Improper use of stands may lead to damages on the floor or on the monitor, or may cause the monitor to topple over. • Slots and openings in the cabinet are provided for ventilation. These ensure reliable operation of the product and protect it from overheating. These openings must not be blocked or covered. • Never push objects of any kind into this product through openings as they may touch dangerous voltage points or short-circuit the parts, which could result in a fire or electric shock. • Never spill liquid of any kind on the product. • Never place anything on the product. (Placing liquids, naked flames, cloths, paper, etc. on the product may cause a fire.) • Do not apply any strong shock to the LCD panel. (Do not hit any object against it or push it with a sharp-pointed tool.) • Do not put heavy objects on the product. • Do not step on or hang on the product. • Make enough room for inserting or removing the power plug. Place the product as close to an AC outlet as possible. The main power supply for the product is controlled by inserting or removing the power plug. • When you install the product in a place where you cannot easily insert or remove the power plug from an AC outlet, insert or remove the power cord from the AC inlet on the product. • When the product is left unattended and unused for a long period of time, unplug it from the wall outlet and disconnect the cable system. • Do not overload wall outlets, extension cords, or convenience receptacles on other equipment as this can result in a risk of fire or electric shock. • Use only the accessory cord designed for this product to prevent shock. Do not attempt to service this product yourself, as opening or removing covers may expose you to dangerous voltages and other hazards. Refer all service to qualified service personnel. Do not use the product for a long time if the sound is distorted. • Do not install this product in the following places: - in a damp or dusty room - where the product is exposed to soot or steam, such as near the cooking counter or a humidifier - near heat sources - where condensation easily occurs, such as near the window • Do not place this product on an unstable cart, stand, or table. The product may fall, causing serious injury to a child or adult, and serious damage to the product. The product should be mounted according to the manufacturer's instructions, and should use a mount recommended by the manufacturer. • Do not use this product near water. • Be sure to install the product in the place where proper temperature and humidity are kept. ( “Operating conditions” on page 12). This product becomes hot during its use. Take enough care when handling the product. Under the following conditions, 1. Turn off the power. 2. Unplug this product from the wall outlet. 3. Refer service to qualified service personnel. a) When the product emits smoke or unusual smell. b) When the product exhibits a distinct change in performance—for example, no picture or no sound. c) If liquid has been spilled, or objects have fallen on the product. d) If the product has been exposed to rain or water. e) If the product has been dropped or damaged in any way. f) When the power supply cord or plug is damaged. • Before connecting other products such as VCR's and personal computers, you should turn off the power of this product for protection against electric shock. • Do not use attachments not recommended by the manufacturer as they may be hazardous. • When replacement parts are required, be sure the service technician has used replacement parts specified by the manufacturer or equivalents. Unauthorized substitutions may result in fire, electric shock, or other hazards. • Upon completion of any service or repairs to this product, ask the service technician to perform safety checks to determine that the product is in proper operating condition. EN Safety Precautions (cont.)
- 4 - EN Safety Precautions (cont.) IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS 1. Read all of these instructions. 2. Save these instructions for later use. 3. Follow all warnings and instructions marked on the product. 4. Unplug this product from the wall outlet before cleaning. Do not use liquid cleaners or aerosol cleaners. Use a damp cloth for cleaning. 5. Do not use this product near water. 6. Do not place this product on an unstable cart, stand or table. The product may fall, causing serious damage to the product and persons nearby. 7. Slots and openings in the cabinet and the back are provided for ventilation: to ensure reliable operation of the product, these openings must not be blocked by placing the product on a bed, sofa, rug or other similar surface. This product should never be placed near or over a heat register. This product should not be placed in a built-in installation unless proper ventilation is provided. 8. This product should be operated from the type of power source indicated on the marking label. If you are not sure of the type of power available, consult your dealer or local power company. 9. This product is equipped with a 3-wire grounding type plug having a third (grounding) pin. This is a safety feature. If you are unable to insert the plug into the outlet, contact your electrician to replace your obsolete outlet. Do not defeat the purpose of the grounding-type plug. 10.Do not allow anything to rest on the power cord. Do not locate this product where persons will walk on the cord. 11.If an extension cord is used with this product, make sure that the total of the ampere ratings on the products plugged into the extension cord do not exceed the extension cord ampere rating. Also, make sure that the total of all products plugged into the wall outlet does not exceed 10 amperes. 12.Never push objects of any kind into this product through cabinet slots as they may touch dangerous voltageoints or short out parts that could result in a risk of fire or electric shock. Never spill any kind of liquid on the product. 13.Do not attempt to service this product yourself, as opening or removing covers may expose you to dangerous voltage points or other risks. Refer all servicing to service personnel. 14.Unplug this product from the wall outlet and refer servicing to qualified service personnel under the following conditions. A. When the power cord or plug is damaged or frayed. B. If liquid has been spilled into the product. C. If the product has been exposed to rain or water. D. If the Product does not operate normally when the operating instructions are followed. Adjust only those controls that are covered by the operating instructions since improper adjustment of other controls may result in damage and will often require extensive work by a qualified technician to restore normal operation. E. If the product has been dropped or the cabinet has been damaged. F. If the product exhibits a distinct change in performance, indicating a need for service. 15.The Main Plug is used as the disconnect device. Make enough room for inserting and removing the power plug. Place the apparatus as close to the outlet as possible. 16.Be sure to install the monitor securely to prevent the monitor from falling over, which may cause damage to the monitor or injury. 17.Do not step on or hang on the product.
- 5 - EN Operating Precautions The LCD panel and backlight have life expectancy. Due to the basic characteristics of the LCD panel, an afterimage or uneven display may occur. It is recommended that you change images occasionally, activate the power saving function, or often turn off the power to reduce the load on the LCD panel. Continuous operations of the LCD panel may accelerate the deterioration. Maintenance Screen To avoid irreparable change in appearance of the screen such as uneven color, discoloration, scratches, be careful about the following: ● Do not paste or stick anything using any glues or adhesive tapes. ● Do not write anything on the screen. ● Do not strike the screen with a hard object. ●Avoid condensation on the screen. ● Do not wipe the screen with any liquid such as water. In addition, wiping the screen with water-diluted neutral detergent or solvent such as alcohol, thinner, or benzine may affect the anti-reflection treatment of the screen. ● Do not wipe the screen forcefully. Wipe stains off the screen with a soft cloth. Ventilation openings Use a vacuum cleaner to get rid of the dust around the intakes (all the openings). If a vacuum cleaner is not available, use a cloth and wipe it off. Leaving the dust around the intakes may prevent proper temperature control and cause damage to the product. Cabinet To avoid the deterioration or damages of the cabinet such as its paint's peeling away, be careful about the following: ● Do not wipe the cabinet using solvent such as alcohol, thinner, or benzine. ● Do not expose the cabinet to any volatile substance such as insecticides. ● Do not allow any rubber or plastic in contact for a long time. ● Do not wipe the cabinet forcefully. Wipe stains off the cabinet with a soft cloth. If the cabinet gets heavily stained, wipe it with a soft cloth soaked in water-diluted neutral detergent and wrung well, then wipe with a soft dry cloth. European Union only Dear Customer, This apparatus is in conformance with the valid European directives and standards regarding electromagnetic compatibility and electrical safety. European representative of JVC KENWOOD Corporation is: JVC Technical Services Europe GmbH Konrad-Adenauer-Allee 1-11 61118 Bad Vilbel Germany Safety Precautions (cont.)
Contents GD-W213L Screen Size 21.5 inches (55 cm) Resolution 1920 1080 pixels Energy Efficiency Class A On-mode Power Consumption 19.7 W Annual Energy Consumption *1 based on the power consumption of the television operating 4 hours per day for 365days. The actual energy consumption will depend on how the television is used. *1 28.7 kWh/annum Stand-by mode Power Consumption 0.34 W Model Name - 8 - EN For easy understanding, pictures and illustrations are shown by being emphasized, omitted or composed, and may be slightly different from actual products. Design and specifications are subject to change without notice. All company names and product names mentioned herein are used for identification purposes HDMI, the HDMI Logo, and High - Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC in the United States and other countries. only, and may be the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies 12 Specifications 34 Dimensions 33 Avilabel signals 35 Troubleshooting
- 9 - EN 1. Display the menu: Press the button. 2. Move the cursor: Press the and button. 3. Confirm the setting item: Press the button. 4. Set the values: Press the and button. 5. Confirm the setting values: Press the button. 6. End of menu settings: Press the button. Press once to return to the previous menu. Turns On and Off (on standby) the monitor. Picture is displayed by delay of a few seconds from power lamp ON. *POWER ON : Green On *Standby: Off *Power saving mode : Orange blink Operation of the power lamp 1 2 3 4 5 4 Button Function Activates and exits the OSD. Select input source. Increase the level of volume. Decrease the level of volume. + The MENU button is pressed for more than 10 seconds or more, you can turn ON / OFF the key lock function. Controls Connectors B HDMI HDMI digital signal input (*HDCP 1.1) AC IN AC power input A C DVI DVI-D digital signal input (*HDCP 1.1) AUDIO Stereo audio input for VGA , DVI and HDMI E D VGA PC RGB signal input 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 A A B B C C D D E E Button operation procedure of MENU
1 Press / to move the cursor to the setting item. ● Press to button, the setting value was confirmed. 2 Press / to select the setting values ● Each time you press one of / buttons, the setting value changes. ● Press to button, the setting value was confirmed. 3 Move the cursor to “Set” 4 Press to finish setting ● When you change the settings, a confirmation message appears. - 10 - EN When you turn on the power and the monitor, “First Time Installation” appears. Start setting referring to the menu configuration. For the setting items, see the pages below. “Language” “Language” on page 11 “No Sync Action” “No Sync Action” on page 11 “No Operation Action” “No Operation Action” on page 11 Setting procedure *When you select the "Japanese" in the language setting, "No Operation Action" and "No Sync Action" First Time Installation setting menu is not displayed. If you want to change the settings, see page 11, and set the menu operation. First time installation Menu operation function list Menu items Purpose Settings Main *1 *1 *1 *1 *1 *1 *1 *1 *1 *4 *1 *4 *4 *4 *4 *1 *4 *4 *4 *4 *PC-VGA/ DVI/ HDMI(PC) Sub *HDMI(Video) Main Picture Mode Contrast Brightness DCR Picture Mode Contrast Brightness Saturation Clock Select the picture modes. Adjusts the contrast. Adjusts the brightness. Select the DCR(Dynamic Contrast Ratio). Select the picture modes. Adjusts the contrast. Adjusts the brightness. Adjusts the saturation. Adjusts the clock. Standard / CCTV / User 0 - 100 0 - 100 Off / On Standard / CCTV / User 0 - 255 0 - 255 0 - 255 0 - 100 0 - 100 0 - 100 0 - 100 Tint Adjusts the tint. DCR Select the DCR(Dynamic Contrast Ratio). Off / On Auto Colour (*VGA only) Automatic adjustment of the white condition. Phase Adjusts the phase. Sharpness Adjusts the sharpness. 0 - 4 Backlight Adjusts the backlight level. 0 - 100 *3 Aperture Adjusts the aperture. 0 - 2 V Position Adjusts the vertical position of the screen. 0 - 100 0 - 100 0 - 100 H Position Adjusts the horizontal position of the screen. 0 - 100 Auto Adjust Automatic adjustment of the picture position. Colour Temp. Select the whitebalance. Adjusts the red level. Adjusts the green level. Adjusts the blue level. Standard / Warm / User / DICOM SIM. / Cool User Red Green Blue *PC-VGA only Image Adjustment
- 11 - EN Menu operation function list (cont.) Menu items Purpose Settings Signal Setting Other Power Lamp Duration Transparency Status Display Volume Reset Information Select the signal source. H Position Adjust the OSD horizontal position. Adjust the OSD display time. Language Select the OSD language. Adjust the OSD transparency. Select for display of the signal input connector name. Adjust audio volume level. Reset the menu settings. *Reset operation is required for each input source. Show the input connector name and signal source name. Select the power indicator setting. * ON : In conjunction with the power indicator is lit. * OFF : The power indicator is not enable. PC-VGA / DVI / HDMI On / Off On / Off Digital / Analogue / Off Off / On On / Off On / Off 0 - 100 V Position Adjust the OSD vertical position. 0 - 100 0 - 7 3 sec - 60 sec On / Off 0 - 100 On / Off Aspect Setting Select the aspect ratio. Source Search Select the On to set the monitor is searching automatically the input source. Select the On to set the monitor to turn into Stand-by mode if no operation condition continues for about 4 hours. Auto / Full / 4:3 No Operation Action No Sync Action Source Select Audio Assign PC-VGA DVI HDMI Select Off to set the monitor to mute sound. Select Off to set the monitor to mute sound. Select audio input source. English / Deutsch / Français / Español OSD Menu Select the On to set the monitor to turn into Power saving mode , if no sync condition continues for about 15 seconds. *1 This feature dose not work by setting the Color ADJUST to “DICOM SIM”. *4 This feature dose not work by setting the DCR to “On”. *2 If you select except Japanese in the Language setting of the First Time Installation menu, Language is changed "English". *3 This feature works , when you are viewing the "HDMI (Video) signal". This feature does not work , when you are viewing the "HDMI (PC) signal". *2 *2
- 12 - Specifications EN Specifications of the VGA IN terminal Pin No. Signal name Pin No. Signal name 1 Red 2 Green 3 Blue 4 — 5 GND 6 GND 7 GND 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 External GND +5 V GND — DDC Data HD VD DDC Clock GND Pin No. Signal name Pin No. Signal name Pin No. Signal name 1 T.M.D.S Data 2– 9 T.M.D.S Data 1– 17 T.M.D.S Data 0– 2 T.M.D.S Data 2+ 10 T.M.D.S Data 1+ 18 T.M.D.S Data 0+ 3 T.M.D.S Data 2 shield 11 T.M.D.S Data 1 shield 19 T.M.D.S Data 0 shield 4 NC 12 NC 20 NC 5 NC 13 NC 21 NC 6 DDC Clock 14 +5 V Power 22 T.M.D.S Clock shield 7 DDC Data 15 GND 23 T.M.D.S Clock+ 8 NC 16 Hot Plug Detect 24 T.M.D.S Clock– Specifications of the DVI-D terminal GD-W213L Screen Size 21.5 inches (Diagonal 546.9 mm) Resolution 1920 pixels 1080 pixels Pixel Pitch 0.248 mm 0.248 mm Brightness (typ.) Contrast Ratio (typ.) Aspect Ratio Viewing Angle (H/V) (typ.) Display Color Response Time Audio output Outline Dimension (WHD) 509.8 mm 351.6 mm 190 mm Operation Temperature Operation humidity 250 cd/m2 1000 : 1 16 : 9 170/ 160 16.7 million 5 ms 0.5 W + 0.5 W AC 100 V – 240 V , 50 Hz / 60 Hz 0.47 A 0 - 40 20% - 80 % (non-condensing) Accessories Power cord x 2 pcs *For United Kingdom(1.8 m) x 1pcs *For European countries(1.8 m) x 1pcs VGA cable x1pcs Audio cable x1pcs 3.5 kg Weight Power requirements Ratedinput current Model Name
28 - - JP This monitor set is designed for use in Japan only and cannot be used in any other country. V (19V) JIS C 61000-3-2 HDMI HDMI High-Definition Multimedia Interface HDMI Licensing, LLC 32 34 33 35
-29- JP 1 2 3 4 5 4 + B HDMI HDMI (*HDCP 1.1) AC IN AC A C DVI DVI-D (*HDCP 1.1) AUDIO (*VGA , DVI , HDMI) E D VGA PC RGB 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 A A B B C C D D E E 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6.
1 2 3 4 “No Operation Action” -30- JP First Time Installation “Language” 31“ ” “No Operation Action” 31 “ ” “No Sync Action” 31 “ ” “No Operation Action” “No Sync Action” *VGA/DVI/ HDMI(PC) (2) *HDMI(Video) DCR DCR(Dynamic Contrast Ratio) Standard / CCTV / User 0 - 100 0 - 100 Standard / CCTV / User 0 - 255 0 - 255 0 - 255 0 - 100 0 - 100 0 - 100 0 - 100 DCR DCR(Dynamic Contrast Ratio) (*VGA) 0 - 4 0 - 2 0 - 100 0 - 100 0 - 100 0 - 100 0 - 100 Cool / Standard / Warm / User / DICOM SIM. User *VGA *1 *3 *1 *1 *1 *1 *4 *4 *4 *4 *4 * *4 *4 *4 *1 *1 *1 *1 *1 *1
-32- JP (H/V) () (WHD) 1 T.M.D.S Data 2– 9 T.M.D.S Data 1– 17 T.M.D.S Data 0– 2 T.M.D.S Data 2+ 10 T.M.D.S Data 1+ 18 T.M.D.S Data 0+ 3 T.M.D.S Data 2 shield 11 T.M.D.S Data 1 shield 19 T.M.D.S Data 0 shield 4 NC 12 NC 20 NC 5 NC 13 NC 21 NC 6 DDC Clock 14 +5 V Power 22 T.M.D.S Clock shield 7 DDC Data 15 GND 23 T.M.D.S Clock+ 8 NC 16 Hot Plug Detect 24 T.M.D.S Clock– GD-W213L 21.5 V ( 546.9 mm) 1920 1080 0.248 mm 0.248 mm 509.8 mm 351.6 mm 190 mm 250 cd/m2 1000 : 1 16 : 9 170/ 160 1670 5 ms 0.5 W + 0.5 W AC 100 V , 50 Hz / 60 Hz 0.47 A 0 - 40 20% - 80 % () x 1 x 1 VGA x 1 x 1 3.5 kg 1 2 3 4 — 5 GND 6 GND 7 GND 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 GND +5 V GND — DDC DDC GND
Have a question about the JVC GD-W213L but cannot find the answer in the user manual? Perhaps the users of ManualsCat.com can help you answer your question. By filling in the form below, your question will appear below the manual of the JVC GD-W213L. Please make sure that you describe your difficulty with the JVC GD-W213L as precisely as you can. The more precies your question is, the higher the chances of quickly receiving an answer from another user. You will automatically be sent an e-mail to inform you when someone has reacted to your question.