View a manual of the Inventum RB010 below. All manuals on ManualsCat.com can be viewed completely free of charge. By using the 'Select a language' button, you can choose the language of the manual you want to view.
• Please read these instructions before operating the appliance and retain for future use. • Only use this appliance for the purposes described in the instruction. The appliance is suitable for storing food. It is possible to freeze fresh food in the freezer section. • Only connect the appliance to alternate current, to an earthed wall socket, with a mains voltage that corresponds with the information provided on the information plate of the appliance. • Do not use single/multiple adapters or extension cords. • Do not use the appliance if the plug, cord or appliance are damaged, or if the appliance no longer functions properly or if it is damaged in any other way. If this is the case, consult the shop or our technical service. Never replace the plug or cord yourself. • The appliance must be moved and installed by two or more persons. • Be careful when moving the appliance to prevent the floor from getting damaged. • During installation, do make sure the power cable is not damaged. • Check that the appliance is not placed too close to a heat source. • In order to ensure proper ventilation, a free space of 10 cm should be maintained around the appliance. • Never cover the ventilation openings. • Make sure the cooling pipes do not get damaged. • Install the appliance on a sturdy, flat and stable surface. • Install the appliance in a dry and well ventilated room. The appliance is intended for use in a room where the ambient temperature falls within the applicable class, depending on the climate class found on the information plate on the back of the appliance. Climatic class Ambient temperature SN From 10°C to 32°C N From 16°C to 32°C ST From 18°C to 38°C T From 18°C to 43°C English safety instructions 1 English • 17
• Do not store explosive or highly flammable substances in the appliance. The vapours could cause a fire hazard or an explosion. • Do not store glass bottles or jars with liquids in the freezer, as they could break when frozen. • Do not use mechanical, electrical or chemical agents to speed up the defrosting process. • Make sure that children are unable to play with the appliance, such as hide in it. This is dangerous. • Keep the appliance out of reach of children. Children do not see the dangers when handling electrical appliances. Therefore, never allow children to work with electrical appliances without supervision. Keep the appliance and cord out of reach of children younger than 8 years of age. Note: Children aged from 3 to 8 years are allowed to load and unload refrigerating appliances. • The appliance can be used by children of 8 years and older and persons with a limited physical, sensory or mental capacity or lack of experience or knowledge, provided they use the appliance under supervision or have been instructed about its safe use and understand the hazards involved. • The appliance may not be cleaned or maintained by children, unless this is done under supervision. • Repairs to electrical appliances should only be performed by skilled persons. It is dangerous to perform a repair whereby the base unit of the appliance must be opened. • Only use and store the appliance indoors. • Never bend the power cord sharply or allow it to run across hot parts. • Always remove the plug from the socket when the appliance must be cleaned or repaired. • Never use the appliance with parts that are not recommended or supplied by the manufacturer. • Do not pull the cord and/or appliance to remove the plug from the wall socket. Never touch the plug with wet or moist hands. • Be careful with ice cubes and ice pops. If these are consumed directly out of the freezer, there is a risk of frostbite. • Never submerge the appliance, cord or plug in water. • The appliance cannot be used with a timer or separate remote control. 18 • English
• This appliance is only suitable for household use. If the appliance is not used as intended, no compensation can be claimed in case of defects or accidents and the warranty will be invalidated. • If you decide not to use the appliance any more due to a defect, we recommend cutting off the cord after removing the plug from the wall socket. Household appliances are not normal waste. Take the appliance to the waste processing department concerned of your municipality. Refrigerant The refrigerant isobutene (R600a) is contained within the refrigerant circuit of the appliance, a natural gas with a high level of environmental compatibility, which is nevertheless flammable. During transportation and installation of the appliance, ensure that none of the components of the refrigerant circuit becomes damaged. The refrigerant (R600a) is flammable. WARNING: Refrigerators contain refrigerant and gases in the insulation. Refrigerant and gases must be disposed of professionally as they may cause eye injuries or ignition. Ensure that tubing of the refrigerant circuit is not damage prior to proper disposal. WARNING: Risk of fire/ flammable materials If the refrigerant circuit should be damaged: - Avoid open flames and sources of ignition. - Thoroughly ventilate the room in which the appliance is situated. It is dangerous to alter the specifications or modify this product in any way. Any damage to the cord may cause a shortcircuit, fire, and/or electric shock. English • 19
1. Operating panel 2. Freezer compartment with cover 3. Freezer drawers 4. Ice cube holder - inside 5. Freezer drawers 6. Small freezer drawer 7. Adjustable feet 8. Door product description 2 1 3 7 2 4 5 6 8 20 • English
using the appliance for the first time 3 Before using the appliance for the first time, you should proceed as follows: carefully unpack the appliance and remove all packaging material and any promotional stickers. Keep the packaging (protective film, plastic bags, polystyrene and cardboard) out of the reach of children. After unpacking the appliance, check it for external damage that may have occurred during transport. Place the appliance on a sturdy, flat surface and make sure there is enough space all around for sufficient ventilation. A minimum space of 10 cm is required between the appliance and the surrounding walls. In this way the appliance is able to release heat properly, cool well and function in an energy efficient way. You can use the adjustable feet to level the appliance. Do not place the appliance near heat sources such as central heating or a stove. Do take note of the climate class of the appliance. When placed in a room that is too cold, the freezer will not function properly. After placing the appliance, leave it for at least 3 hours before inserting the plug in the socket. First clean the interior of the appliance. Use warm soapy water with, for instance, washing-up liquid, all-purpose cleaner or soda. Wipe the inside of the appliance after cleaning with clean water and properly wipe everything dry. Leave the appliance to dry for 1 to 2 hours. CONNECTING TO THE ELECTRICITY GRID Check that the voltage corresponds with what is stated on the information plate and insert the plug in the socket. use 4 The control unit of the appliance is located on the inside. Check that the voltage corresponds with what is stated on the information plate and insert the plug in the socket. Operating panel Thermostat Knob for controlling the temperature Key for switching off the alarm Alarm Indicator light for when the temperature in the appliance is too high Power Indicator light for connection to the power supply Super Indicator light for active Super Freeze mode Super Freeze Key for switching Super Freeze mode on/off Set the temperature with the thermostat knob and select a position between COLD and COLDER. The COLD position provides the highest temperature and is the warmest position. The COLDEST position provides the lowest temperature and is the coldest position. We recommend setting the appliance to the MID position. The appliance will now cool continuously until the set temperature has been reached. Allow the appliance to reach the required temperature with no food. Usually this will take 2 to 3 hours. After that, you can set the thermostat knob to the required position and fill the appliance with food. SUPER FREEZE Use this mode to quickly freeze food that is not yet frozen. In order to be able to freeze fresh food quickly, the temperature of the freezer section should be lowered timely in advance. It may be necessary to activate the SUPER FREEZE mode 12 hours in advance. When this mode is selected, the temperature of the freezer section automatically drops to the lowest position for a maximum period of 24 hours. After 24 hours the temperature of the freezer section returns to the preset temperature. In order to switch on the SUPER FREEZE mode, press the accompanying key until the SUPER indicator light starts to burn. In order to switch off the Super Freeze mode, press the accompanying key once more, until the super indicator light goes out. English • 21
tips 5 • High ambient temperatures have a negative effect on energy use. Keep the appliance in a position away from direct sunlight or other sources of heat. • Keep ventilation openings free. Clogged openings lead to higher use of energy. • Try not to open the door too often, especially when the weather is wet and hot. Once you open the door, mind to close it as soon as possible. • The space between the shelves and the rear wall of the refrigerator compartment must be unobstructed to allow the cool air to circulate. Therefore don’t place any food items against the back. • Turn the thermostat to a lower setting when the circumstances allow it. • Before storing fresh cooked food, make sure the food has cooled at least to room temperature. • Ice and frost layer increase energy consumption, so clean the appliance as soon as the layer is 3 to 5 mm thick. • If the gasket is damaged or if it turns out that the sealing is poor, the energy consumption is substantially higher. To restore efficiency, replace the gasket. • Always consider the instructions, otherwise the energyconsumption is substantially higher. To avoid contamination of food, please respect the following instructions - Opening the door for long periods can cause a significatn increase of the temperature in the compartments of the appliance. - Clean regularly surfaces that can come in contact with food and accessible drainage systems. - Store raw meat and fish in suitable containers in the refrigerator, so that it is not in contact with or drip onto other food. - Two-star frozen-food compartments are suitable for storing pre-frozen food, storing or making icecream and making ice cubes. - One-, two- and three-start compartments are not suitable for the freezing of fresh food. Order Compartments TYPE Target storage temp. [°C] Appropriate food 1 Fridge +2 ≤ +8 Eggs, cooked food, packaged food, fruits and vegetables, dairy products, cakes, drinks and other foods are not suitable for freezing. 2 (***)*-Freezer ≤-18 Seafood (fish, shrimp, shellfish), freshwater aquatic products and meat products (recommended for 3 months, the longer the storage time, the worse the taste and nutrition), suitable for frozen fresh food. ALARM In the event of a longer power failure, or if the power is interrupted for any other reason, and the interior temperature rises above -10°C ( >-10°C), the alarm is activated. When the interior temperature is >-10°C, the alarm indicator light flashes and an alarm sounds 3 times every 10 seconds. After 2 minutes, the alarm stops automatically and the indicator light remains on, but stops flashing. When the temperature gets lower (< -10°C), the indicator light switches off. You can stop the sound of the alarm by pressing the button. The indicator light of the alarm continues to burn. If the ambient temperature rises, set the appliance to a colder position in order to be able to guarantee the interior temperature. Attention: The ambient temperature, the frequency of opening the door and the position of the appliance have an effect on the temperature in the appliance. Take this into account when setting the thermostat. • Do not place hot food in the appliance. • You should never place hazardous, highly flammable or explosive substances such as alcohol, acetone or petrol in the appliance, because there will be a hazard of explosion. • Carefully package meat and fish to prevent unpleasant smells. • Leave sufficient space between the different foods, to allow the air to circulate properly. • Do not leave the door open for longer than necessary. • Do not freeze too much at once. The quicker the freezing process, the longer the quality of the food is maintained. • Place the deep-freeze products in the freezer compartment as quickly as possible after purchase. Make sure they do not defrost during transport. Storage of freshly frozen and deep-freeze products depends on the type of food. • Do not place glass bottles or cans in the freezer compartment. These can break when the contents freezes. Carbonated drinks could even explode. Therefore never store lemonade, beer, wine, champagne, etc. in the freezer compartment. 22 • English
3 ***-Freezer ≤-18 Seafood (fish, shrimp, shellfish), freshwater aquatic products and meat products (recommended for 3 months, the longer the storage time, the worse the taste and nutrition), suitable for frozen fresh food. 4 **-Freezer ≤-12 Seafood (fish, shrimp, shellfish), freshwater aquatic products and meat products (recommended for 3 months, the longer the storage time, the worse the taste and nutrition), suitable for frozen fresh food. 5 *-Freezer ≤-6 Seafood (fish, shrimp, shellfish), freshwater aquatic products and meat products (recommended for 3 months, the longer the storage time, the worse the taste and nutrition), suitable for frozen fresh food. 6 0-star -6 ≤ 0 Fresh pork, beef, fish, chicken, some packaged processed foods, etc. (Recommended to eat within the same day, preferably no more than 3 days). Partially encapsulated processed foods (non-freezable foods). 7 Chill -2 ≤ +3 Fresh/ frozen pork, beef, chicken, freshwater aquatic products, etc. (7 days below 0°C and above 0°C is recommended for consumption within that day, preferably no more than 2 days). Seafood (less than 0 for 15 days, it is not recommended to store above 0°C. 8 Fresh food 0 ≤ +4 Fresh pork, beef, fish, chicken, cooked food, etc. (Recommended to eat within the same day, preferably no more than 3 days) 9 Wine +5 ≤+20 Red wine, white wine, sparkling wine, etc. Note: please store different foods according to the compartments or target storage temperature of your purchased products. - If the refrigerating appliance is left empty for long periods, switch off, defrost, clean, dry, and leave the door open to prevent mould developing within the appliance. Water dispenser cleaning (special for water dispenser products): - Clean water tanks if they have not been used for 48 h; flush the water system connected to a water supply if water has not been drawn for 5 days. WARNING -Food needs to be packed in bags before putting into the refrigerator, and liquids need to be packed in bottles or capped containers to avoid the problem that the product design structure is not easy to clean. English • 23
resolving failures yourself 7 Breakdown Cause Solution Appliancedoes not do anything; leddoesnot light up Plug not in socket Insert the plug in the socket. Temperature in the freezer is too high or too low Incorrect thermostat setting Set the thermostat to the correct setting Ventilation openings are blocked Clean the ventilation openings Appliance makes noise Is the appliance properly installed? Check the installation Does the rear of the freezer make contact with something? Check this and move the freezer forward Remark: bubbling and expansion noises in the cooling circuit are normal. cleaning and maintenance 6 The freezer section of this appliance is free from frost - no-frost. If used correctly, no ice will be formed. If an ice layer is created after all, defrost the freezer section when the ice layer has reached a thickness of 3 mm. Use this opportunity to clean the appliance. DEFROSTING AND CLEANING THE FREEZER • Remove the plug from the socket. • Open the door and remove the products. Store the products on a cool location, packed in newspapers and blankets. • Leave the door open, this will accelerate the defrosting process. • Place a receptacle under the freezer section and wait for the ice to defrost. You can also place a dish with hot water (not boiling) in the freezer section. Remove loose ice using a plastic scraper. Warning Never remove ice with sharp objects, defrosting sprays, hair dryers, heaters or anything similar. This could lead to unsafe situations and cause irreparable damage to the appliance. • Cleantheinterioroftheappliance.Usewarmsoapywaterwith,forinstance,washing-upliquid,all-purposecleanerorsodainorder to prevent nasty smells. Wipe the inside of the appliance after cleaning with clean water and properly wipe everything dry. • Leave the appliance to dry for 1 to 2 hours. The drawers can be removed from the appliance easily and washed by hand. These components may never be cleaned in the dishwasher. • Clean the outside of the appliance and the door rubbers with a soft damp cloth. • Insert the plug in the socket. INSTRUCTIONS • A large amount of ice on the freezer surfaces disrupts the operation of the appliance and increases the energy consumption. • Defrost the appliance at least once or twice per year. When too much ice is formed, you must defrost the appliance more often. • Place the frozen products in a large tray, wrapped in newspapers and a blanket and store them on a cool location. • Defrosting the freezer should be done as quickly as possible. Storing the products at room temperature for a time period that is too long reduces their shelf life. 24 • English
INVENTUM Model number RB010 Type refrigerator/freezer freezer Category 8 Energy efficiency class A++ Energy consumption [Aec] in kWh per year 183 kWh Nett capacity - total 145 litres Nett capacity - freezer section **** (-18°C) 145 litres Max. storage time in case of power failure (number of hours) 10 hours Freezing capacity (kg/24 hours) 12 Climate class N/ST/T Noise emission dB(A) 43 dB Appliance type free-standing Construction Number of doors 1 Reversible door opening � Ice cube holder � Number of freezer drawers 4 Number of freezer compartments with covers 1 Free of CFC/HFC free Type of coolant R600a Number of compressors 1 Technical data Dimension (wxdxh) in mm 554 x 571 x 1440 Nett weight in kg 46.5 kg Gross weight in kg 51 kg Electrical connected load [W] 65 W Mains voltage [V] / mains frequency [Hz] 220-240V/ 50Hz Length of connection cord [m] 2.0 m Plug type VDE plug 90° Remark: On the information plate - on the left inside of the appliance - you will also find the technical data of the appliance. product fiche 8 English • 25
We do not need to remind you of the importance of service. After all, we develop our products to a standard so that you can enjoy them for many years, without any concerns. If, nevertheless, there is a problem, we believe you are entitled to a solution straight away. Hence our products come with an exchange service, on top of the rights and claims you are entitled to by law. By exchanging a product or part, we save you time, effort and costs. 2-year full manufacturer’s warranty 1. Customers enjoy a 2-year full manufacturer’s warranty on all Inventum products. Within this period, a faulty product or part will always be exchanged for a new model, free of charge. In order to claim under the 2-year full manufacturer’s warranty, you can either return the product to the shop you bought it from or contact the Inventum costumer service department via the form at www.inventum.eu/service-aanvraag. 2. The 2-year warranty period starts from the date the product is bought. 3. In order to claim under the warranty, you must produce a copy of the original receipt. 4. The warranty applies only to normal domestic use of Inventum products within the Netherlands. 5-year Inventum warranty 1. Inventum offers a 5-year warranty on most large domestic appliances and a selection of small domestic appliances. This 5-year Inventum warranty consists of a 2-year full manufacturer’s warranty, extended by a further 3-year warranty. The only thing you need to do to qualify for the 3-year extended warranty is to register the product within 45 days of purchase. You can read more about registering the product in the following paragraph. 2. In accordance with the 5-year Inventum warranty provisions, a faulty product or part will always be exchanged for a new model during the first 2 years under the warranty. During the 3rd to 5th year under the warranty, you will only pay the costs of exchange. The current costs of exchange are listed at www.inventum.eu/omruilkosten. 3. In order to claim under the 5-year Inventum warranty, you can either return the product to the shop you bought it from or contact the Inventum costumer service department via the form at www.inventum.eu/service-aanvraag. 4. The 5-year warranty period starts from the date the product is bought. 5. In order to claim under the warranty, you must produce a copy of the original receipt. 6. The warranty applies only to normal domestic use of Inventum products within the Netherlands. Product registration 1. The 3-year extended warranty is easy to obtain, free of charge, by registering the product within 45 days of purchase, via the website www.inventum.eu/garantie- registratie. If you did not register the product within 45 days of purchase, you can still do so up to 2 years after the purchase date. However, there will be a charge. The one-off registration charge is € 89 for each separate product. Registration is possible only for products that are subject to the 5-year Inventum warranty. Whether the product qualifies for the 5-year Inventum warranty is stated in the product user manual and in the product information sheet, on Inventum’s website. 2. The warranty period always starts from the date the product is bought. If the product is registered for the extended warranty at a later date, the warranty period still starts from the original date of purchase. 3. The 3-year extended warranty can only be applied for if you are in the possession of a copy of the original receipt and the Inventum 5-year warranty certificate. Large domestic appliances 1. Breakdowns or faults in large domestic appliances (separate and built-in white goods) can be registered via the form at www.inventum.eu/service-aanvraag, by calling the Inventum costumer service department or in the store where you bought the device. The telephone number of the costumer service department can be found at www.inventum.eu. 2. In the event of breakdowns or faults in large domestic appliances, Inventum will have the option to have a service engineer inspect the faulty device onsite at the customer in the Netherlands and to carry out repairs, there and then. The Inventum customer service department can also decide to have the device exchanged. 3. If you suffer a breakdown or fault in a large domestic appliance during the first 2 years from the date of purchase, Inventum will not charge any costs for the exchange, call-out or for parts and labour. 4. If you registered the product as described before at www.inventum.eu/garantie-registratie and you subsequently report a breakdown of a large domestic appliance in the 3rd to 5th year of the date of purchase, the 5-year Inventum warranty applies and the device will be repaired or exchanged, free of charge. In the event of a repair or exchange of the device, you only pay the costs of exchange. The current costs of exchange are listed at www.inventum.eu/omruilkosten. If you did not register the product, the 3-year extended warranty does not apply. 5. When reporting a breakdown or fault, a service engineer will contact the customer within 1 working day in order to make an appointment. When the report is made in a weekend or during a public holiday, this will be the next working day. 6. If you report a breakdown or fault via the form at www.inventum.eu/service-aanvraag, you will be kept informed of the progress via mobile messages and e-mail. 7. The warranty period starts from the date the product is bought. general terms and conditions of service and warranty 48 • English
8. In order to claim under the warranty, you must produce a copy of the original receipt and the Inventum 5-year warranty certificate. 9. The warranty applies only to normal domestic use of Inventum products within the Netherlands. Breakdowns or faults outside the warranty period 1. Breakdowns or faults in small or large domestic appliances outside the warranty period, can be reported to the costumer services department via the form at www.inventum.eu/service-aanvraag or by calling the costumer services department. 2. The costumer services department may ask you to send the product for inspection or repair. The costs of dispatch will be at your expense. 3. The inspection to establish whether repair is possible involves a charge. You need to grant your permission for this, in advance. 4. In the event of a large domestic appliance, Inventum, at your request, can send out a service engineer. In that case, you will be charged the call-out costs, as well as parts and labour. 5. In the event of an instruction to repair, the repair costs must be paid in advance. In the event of a repair by a service engineer, the costs of the repair must be settled with the engineer onsite, preferably by means of PIN payment. Warranty exclusions 1. The following is excluded from the aforesaid warranties: • normal wear and tear; • improper use or misuse; • insufficient maintenance; • failure to comply with the operating and maintenance instructions; • unprofessional installation or repairs by third parties or the customer himself; • non-original parts used by the customer; • use for commercial or business purposes; • removal of the serial number and/or rating label. 2. In addition, the warranty does not apply to normal consumer goods, such as: • dough hooks, baking tins, (carbon) filters, etc.; • batteries, bulbs, carbon filters, fat filters etc.; • external connection cables; • glass accessories and glass parts such as oven doors; • and similar items. 3. Transport damage not caused by Inventum is also excluded. Therefore, inspect your new device before starting to use it. If you detect any damage, you must report this to the store where you purchased the product within 5 working days, or to the Inventum customer service department via the form at www.inventum.eu/service-aanvraag. If transport damage is not reported within this period, Inventum does not accept any liability in this respect. 4. The following are excluded from warranty and/or replacement: faults, loss of and damage to the device as a result of an event that is normally insured under the home contents insurance. Important to know 1. The replacement or repair of a faulty product, or a part thereof, does not lead to an extension of the original warranty period. 2. Parts that have been replaced, packaging material and exchanged devices are taken back by the service engineer and become the property of Inventum. 3. If a complaint is unfounded, all costs arising from it will be at the customer’s expense. 4. Following expiry of the warranty period, all costs of repair or replacement, including administration costs, dispatch and call-out charges, will be charged to the customer. 5. Inventum cannot be held liable for damage as a result of devices built in incorrectly. 6. Inventum cannot be held liable for damage caused by external events, unless this liability arises from mandatory statutory provisions. 7. These warranty and service provisions are governed by Dutch law. Disputes will be settled exclusively by the competent Dutch court. English • 49
Have a question about the Inventum RB010 but cannot find the answer in the user manual? Perhaps the users of ManualsCat.com can help you answer your question. By filling in the form below, your question will appear below the manual of the Inventum RB010. Please make sure that you describe your difficulty with the Inventum RB010 as precisely as you can. The more precies your question is, the higher the chances of quickly receiving an answer from another user. You will automatically be sent an e-mail to inform you when someone has reacted to your question.