View a manual of the Ariston Thermo AD1600 below. All manuals on ManualsCat.com can be viewed completely free of charge. By using the 'Select a language' button, you can choose the language of the manual you want to view.
Machine à laver Instruction pour l'installation et l'emploi 1 15 43 Washing machine Instructions for installation and use GB 29 F Waschvollautomat Installations- und Bedienungsanleitungen D Waschmachine Instructies voor het installeren en gebruik NL
Thesecrets offabrics How to get better results Instructions for installation and use GB M M ARGHERITA AD 1600 Class A at 40°C Thefirstwashing machinetogivea perfectwashatonly 40°C Cashmere Gold Thefirstwashing machinetohaveThe WoolmarkCompany recognition Ecological rinse Thefirstwashing machinetoeliminate alldetergentresidue ARGHERITA Thesecrets offabrics How to get better results , seesthebirthofanew interactive dialogue
- Instructions for installation and use Herearethe10topicsexplainedinthismanual.Read, learn and have fun: you will discover many secret ways to get a better wash, more easily and making yourwashingmachinelastlonger......andespecially keepinganeyeonsafety. Quick guide to 1. Installation and removal (p. 24) Installation, after delivery or transport, is the most important operation for the correct functioning of your washingmachine.Alwayscheck: 1. Thattheelectricsystemcomplieswiththelaw; 2. Thattheinletanddrainingpipesareconnectedcorrectly. Neverusehosesthathavealreadybeenused,alwaysuse thenewonesprovidedwithyourmachine. 3. Thatthewashingmachineislevelledproperly;somethingworth checkingforthelifeofyourwashingmachineandthequalityof yourwash; 4. Thatthedrum'sfixingscrewshavebeenremovedfromtheback ofthewashingmachine. 2. What goes in your washing machine and how to start your (p. 16) Acorrectdistributionofyourlaundryisvitaltoboththesuccessful outcomeofthewashandthelifeofthewashingmachine.Learnall thetipsandsecretstodividingyourlinen:colour,typeoffabricand tendencyofcreatingfuzzarethemostimportantcriteria. 3. Guide to understanding labels (p. 19) Thesymbolsonthelabelsofyourgarmentsareeasytounderstand and equally important for the success of your wash. The guide includessimpleinstructionstohelpyouchoosetherighttempera- ture,washcyclesandironingmethods. 4. Useful tips to avoid mistakes (p. 20) Yerasback,ourgrandmothersweretheoneswhogaveusgoodadvice -andinthosedayssyntheticfibresdidnotexist:washingwaseasy. Today, offersyouhelpfuladviceallowingyouto washcashmereandwoolevenbetterthananexpertlaundresswould byhand. 5. The detergent dispenser (p. 21) Howtousethedetergentdispenserandthebleachcompartment. 6. Understanding the control panel (p. 17 - 18) scontrolpanelisverysimple.Ithasonlyafew essentialbuttonstohelpyouchooseanytypeofwashcycle,ranging fromthemostenergetic,capableofcleaningamechanicsoveralls, to the most delicate for cashmere. Familiarising with it will help yougetthebestoutofyourwashwhilehelpingyourwashingmachine lastlonger.Itseasy. 7. Care and maintenance (p. 25) is a true friend. With just a bit of care, it will repayyouwithloyaltyanddevotion. Withthenecessaryupkeep,itwillwashforyearsandyearstocome. 8. Problems and solutions (p. 22 and 23) Beforecallingatechnician,readthesepages:immediatesolutions maybefoundforanumberofproblems.Iftheproblempersists,call Aristoncustomerservicesandanyfailurewillberepaired,assoonas possible. 9. Technical characteristics (p. 23) Hereinarethetechnicalfeaturesofyourwashingmachine:model typenumber,electricandwaterspecifications,size,capacity,speed ofthespincycleandcompliancewithItalianandEuropeanrules andregulations. 10. Safety for you and your children (p. 26) Here you will find the necessary guidelines for the safety of your entirehousehold,becausesafetyisveryimportantindeed. 15
-Instructionsforinstallationanduse Whatgoesinyourwasher? Before washing,youcandoagreatdealforbetter results.Divideyourgarments according to fabric and colour. Read the labels, follow their indications and alternatesmallitemswithlargeones. Before washing. Divideyourwashingaccordingto the type of fabric and colour resistance:sturdyfabricsshould beseparatedfromdelicateones. Lightcoloursshouldbeseparated fromdarkones. Emptyallpockets(coins,paper, moneyandsmallobejects)and check the buttons. Mend immediately or remove loose buttons as they could fall off duringthewashcycle. How to eliminate the most common stains Ink and biro Dab with a wad of cotton soaked in methyl alcohol or alcohol at 90°. Tar Dab with fresh butter, rub in turpentine then wash immediately. Wax Scrape away, then run a hot iron between two sheets of absorbent paper. Then rub in cotton with turpentine or methyl alcohol. Chewing gum Rub in nail polish remover and wipe with a clean rag. Mold Cotton and white linen should be placed in a solution of 5 parts water, one bleach and a spoon of vinegar, then washed immediately. For other white fabrics, use hydrogen peroxide at 10 volumes and wash immediately. Lipstick Dab with ether on wool or cotton. Use tricloroetilene for silk. Nail polish Place a sheet of absorbent paper on the side of the stain, wet it with nail polish remover, shifting the garment as the sheet gradually changes colour. Grass Dab with a wad of cotton soaked in methyl alcohol. Startingthewasher Starting in therightwayisimportantforthe quality of your wash, for preventing problems and for lengthening the life of your appliance. After loading your washing and pouring in the detergent together with any additives,alwayscheckthat: 1.Thedooriscorrectlyshut. 2. The plug is inserted in the socket. 3.Thewatertapisopen. Attheendofthewashcyclewait for symbol to come off and thewordENDtoappear. Thenturn off bypressingon-offbuttonC(OFF position).Youcannowopenthe washing machine door safely. Afterhavingremovedthefreshly cleanedwashing,leavethedoor openorajarsothatthehumidity leftinsidecanevaporate. Alwaysclosethewatertap. Remember that, in the event of a power failure, or should the washing machine switch itself off, the programme chosenwillbememorised. Onceyouhaveinstalledyournewappliance,runan emptywashcyclebyturningtheknobcompletely totheleftandsettingatemperatureof90degrees. For more delicate garments: protect underwear, tights and stockings and delicate items by placing them in a canvas pouch Dividing your garments according to fabric and colour, is very important for good results The labels say it all. Alwayslookatthelabels:they tell you everything about your garment and how to wash it in thebestwaypossible. Thetableonpage19showsyou all the secrets of the symbols found on labels. Their indicationsareavaluableguide to a better wash and to longer lastingclothes. Big and small happily together. This washing machine has a specialelectroniccontroldevice for distributing the wash load evenly: before the spin cycle starts, this device allows the washing to position itself as uniformly as possible in the drum, according to the type of washingandinitialpositioning. Forthisreason,evenattopspin, the washing machine does not vibrateormakeanynoise. 16
- Instructions for installation and use Here Im in command Understanding the control panel Makingtherightchoiceisimportant.Anditseasy. The detergent dispenser with the additional bleach compartment is here. 17 MAX 1 2 4 3 Pre-wash Press to select the desired function. Use this function to run a pre- wash on all the wash programmesexceptforthewool programme and the special programmes . To select it, press until the wordONappears onthedisplay. The selection of this option is indicated by symbol appearing. Note: this function is not available with the Stain Removaloption. Stainremoval (seepage21) Press to select the desired function. Thanks to this option, the appliancewillcarryoutamore intensivewashthatoptimisesthe effectiveness of the liquid additives, thus allowing more resistantstainstoberemoved. To select it, press until the wordONappears onthedisplay. The selection of this option is indicated by symbol appearing. Note: this function is not availablewiththePre-washand Noironoptions. Rapid Press to select the desired function. Thisfunctionreducesthelength ofthewashprogrammebyabout 30%. To select it, press until the wordONappears onthedisplay. The selection of this option is indicated by symbol appearing. Note: this function cannot be used in conjunction with the Wool and Delicates wash programmes. Mode / Select Press to scroll through the optionsonthedisplay. Go to the desired option: the correspondingsymbolwillbegin to flash and the word OFF will appearonthedisplaywhichyou canchangetoONbypressing . To confirm your selection and access the subsequent option, press again. The appliance will in any case memorise the last selection madeifnobuttonsarepressed forafewseconds. Theoptionsselectedwillappear on the display, and will stay lit for the entire duration of the washprogramme. Detergent dispenser It is divided into three compartments: 1. Detergentforpre-washing; 2. Detergentforthewashcycle; 3.Fabricsofteners. The washing machine is equipped with extra compartment 4 (provided) for the bleach, to be inserted in compartment1. Display Onlytheoptionscorresponding to the wash programme selected will light up and therefore be available for selection. The options indicated on the displaywhichyoucanselectby pressingbutton areasfollows: Knob Usetheknobtoselectthemost delicate fabric in your laundry load and will set the most suitable wash cycleaccordingly. Turn the knob to the left to obtain a greater wash intensity. The DELICATES sector is highlyrecommendedforsilkand curtains. Start /Reset This button allows you to start theselectedwashprogrammeor tointerruptit. Ifyoupressitbriefly,thebutton functionsasStart,ifyoupress it for at least 3 seconds, then it functionsasReset. AftertheStartoftheappliance, movingtheprogrammeselector knob will have no effect whatsoever. On-off When button C is pressed, the washingmachineisswitchedon, when it is not the machine is switched off. Turning the applianceoffdoesnotcancel theselectedprogramme. Delay timer Thisbuttonallowsyoutodelay thestartofthewashprogramme from1to24hours. Theselectionofthedelayedstart is indicated by the symbol comingonandbytheamountof time left shown on the display untilthewashcycleitselfstarts. Temperature Thisbuttonallowsyoutoredu- cethenormaltemperatureforthe selectedwashprogramme,right downtoacoldwash(OFF). Pressitagaintosettemperatures from 90°C to 60°C (where available). Thisoptionisavailablewithall washprogrammes. Spin cycle adjustment Thisbuttonallowsyoutoredu- cethenormalspincyclespeed for the selected wash programme, right down to the exclusion of the spin cycle altogether(OFF). A B I H C D E F G Wool Delicates Synthetics Colours Cotton
-Instructionsforinstallationanduse 18 Settings Press buttons and at the sametimeforatleast4seconds to access the personalisation menu, where you can choose your language andthedisplay brightness. The word “LANGUE” (LANGUAGE)willappear;press todisplaythelanguageset.If youwanttochangethelanguage set, just scroll along the languagesavailablebypressing andconfirmyourselectionby pressing . To adjust the brightness of the display, press both buttons and at the same time for at least 4 seconds: the word “LANGUE”(LANGUAGE)will comeup;press todisplaythe wording“LUMINOSITEECRAN” (DISPLAYBRIGHTNESS). Press todisplaythebrightness set; if you want to change it, scrollalongthethreebrightness levels available with and selectthedesiredonewith . Special displays After the first wash cycle .. The water hardness level is displayedfor10seconds,andyou can adjust the amount of detergentyouuseaccordingly: Low Medium High andsubsequently: No iron Press to select the desired function. Thisoptionallowsyoutoobtain crease-free washing which is easiertoiron. The appliance optimises the washingconditionsaccordingto thetypeoffabricsthatarebeing washed. To select it, press until the wordONappears onthedisplay. In the Synthetics and Delicates, programmes the washcycleisinterruptedandthe washingislefttosoakinwater beforetheapplianceisdrained. Tocompletethecycle,pressthe Startbutton. The selection of this option is indicated by symbol appearing. Note: this function is not available with the Stain Removaloption. Special programmes Press to select the desired function. If you set this option, the following options will be displayed: Special(OFF) Rinseonly Spincycleonly Drain To select the desired "special programme", press , to confirmyourselectionpress . If you don't wish to select a special programme, press when the wording "Special" (OFF)comesuponthedisplay. Class A at 40°C: Your has a special programme to obtain excellent wash results even at low temperatures. The results are the same as you would get with a 60°C wash, thanks to the washing machine's action and to the increase in the duration of the wash. To set this programme, place the mark situated on the knob completely to the left and set the temperature to 40°C. The wording "CLASS A" will appear on the display. Daily: has a programme designed to wash lightly soiled garments in a short amount of time. You can wash different types of fabrics together (except for wool and silk), with a maximum load of 3 kg. This programme allows you to save on both time and energy as it only lasts approximately 30 minutes. WE RECOMMEND THE USE OF LIQUID DETERGENT. To set this programme, turn the index situated on the knob to any position in the synthetics sector, select a temperature of 30°C and select the Rapid option . The wording "DAILY" will appear on the display. Note: these programmes were designed to provide you with the best performance levels and therefore cannot be modified; you may only reduce the spin cycle speed and delay the programme start. Special wash programmes the indication of the fabric sector selected (COTTON, COLOURS, SYNTHETICS, DELICATESandWOOL) thetemperaturecorresponding tothewashprogrammeset therecommendedwashload: after pressing Start, the estimateddurationofthecycleis displayed; if you have set the Delay timer thecountdown tothewashprogrammestartis displayed. During the wash cycle Thefollowingaredisplayed: theamountoftimeleft the temperature, during the heatingphase(onthescaleonthe right-hand side of the display); onceheatingisoverandforthe entiredurationofthecycle, theweightoftheloadinsidethe appliance: the wash phases (pre-wash, heating ) theoptionsselected. Door locked Symbol onindicatesthatthe washingmachinedoorislockedto prevent it from being opened accidentally.Waitforsymbol to turn off before you open the appliancedoor. Error message Intheeventofafault,amessage is displayed, (e.g. F-01), which shouldbecommunicatedtothe ServiceCentre. End of the programme Attheendoftheprogramme,the wordENDisdisplayed. Ifyouhaveusedtoolargeadose of detergent, symbol lights up. This washing machine neverthelessguaranteesaperfect rinse. To look after your garments, the appliance may sometimes stop with water in the tub, leaving the wash to soak. Press to end the wash cycle. Demo Mode Theapplianceisequippedwith ademomode. If the wording "DEMO MODE" appearsamongthewordingthat appears on the display, you should disable it by following thesefewsimplesteps: - turn the appliance off at the ON-OFF(C)button. - keep Start/Reset(B) button pressedandturntheappliance backonatthesametime. Fromnowonthedemomodeis nolongerenabled. HYDROSTOP
- Instructions for installation and use Wash Bleaching Ironing Dry cleaning Drying Strong action Delicat- e action High Temp. Low Temperat. Wash at 95°C Bleaching only in cold water Hot iron at max 200°C Dry clean with any solvent Machine dryable Wash at 60°C Do not bleach Medium hot ironing at max 150°C Dry clean only with perchloride, benzine av., pure alcohol, R111 and R113 Do not machine dry Wash at 40°C Iron at max 110°C Dry clean with av. benzine, pure alcohol and R113 Spread to dry Wash at 30°C Not ironable Do not dry clean Hang to dry without spin drying Hand wash Dry on clothes hanger Not washable in water Understanding labels Learnthemeaningofthesesymbolsandyouwillget betterresults,yourgarmentswilllastlongerandyour machinewillrepay youbywashingbetter. AlloverEurope,garmentlabels containmessagesexpressedin small yet important symbols. Understanding them is very important if you want to get better results and treat your garmentsthewaytheydeserveto betreated. Thesesymbolsaredividedinfive differentcategoriesandshapes: washing , bleaching , ironing ,drycleaning and drying . Consult and learn the symbols in this table: they will help you obtain a better wash, treat your clothes properly, and get a better performance out of your Ariston . Useful tips Turn shirts inside out to get better results and make them last longer. Always empty pockets of their contents. Look at the label: it will always give you useful advice. When loading your washing, alternate large and small garments. Make sure you select the right temperature! 19 l c A P F
-Instructionsforinstallationanduse Useful tips to avoid mistakes Never use your washing machinetowash...torn,fraying or non-hemmed linen. If it is absolutelyneccessary,placeitin a bag for protection. Brightly colouredlinenwithwhites. Watchtheweight! Forbestresults,donotexceed the weight limits stated below (figuresshowweightwhendry): - Resistantfabrics: 5.5kgmaximum - Syntheticfabrics: 2.5kgmaximum - Delicatefabrics: 2kgmaximum - Purenewwool: 1kgmaximum CashmereGold:Asgentleasahandwash The first Washing Machine to have "The Woolmark Company" recognition. The Cashmere Gold wash programmehasbeenstudied formachinewashingeventhe most delicate and valuable wool and Cashmere garments. TheMerloniElettrodomesti- ciwoolwashcyclehasbeen testedandapprovedbyThe Woolmark Company for washingWoolmarkgarments labelledashandwash.This isthefirstgentleactionhand washcycleapprovedbyThe Woolmark Company. M.00221 Thishasbeenmadepossible thanks to the speed of the drumat90rpm,evenduring the rinse cycle, thus preventing the fibres from rubbing. Alwaysuseprogramme with garmentsbearingthehandwash symbol: the washbasin and hand. To take care of your woollen items,werecommendyouuse specialdetergents. EXCLUSIVE How to wash almost anything Curtains. Curtains tend to crease a great deal. Here is a tip to reduce creasing: fold the curtains and place them in a pillow case or meshbag.Donotloadanything else, so that the overall weight does not exceed the half load. Remember to use the specific programme whichautoma- ticallyexcludesthespincycle. Trainers. Onceyouhaveremovedmudand dirtfromtrainers,youcanwash themwithjeansandothertough garments.Donotwashtrainers withwhites. Quiltedcoatsandwind- cheaters. Youcanwashquiltedcoatsand wind-cheaters, too, if they are padded with goose or duck down. Do not load more than 2-3 kg and never load 5.5 kg. Repeatrinseonceortwiceusing thegentlespin. Howmuchdoesitweigh? 1sheet400-500gr. 1pillowcase150-200gr. 1tablecloth400-500gr. 1bathrobe900-1,200gr. 1towel150-250gr. Coloured T-shirts,printed ones and shirts last longer if turnedinsideoutbeforewashing. PrintedT-shirtsandsweatshirts shouldalwaysbeironedinside out. Salopettealert. Very popular salopette type overallshavestrapswithhooks that can damage the drum of yourwashingmachineorother garments during the wash. By placing the hooks in the bib pocketandfasteningthemwith safetypins,allrisksareavoided. Holidays: unplug the appliance. When you go on holiday, we recommendthatyouunplugyour washing machine, shutting off thewaterinlettapandleavingthe dooropenedorajar.Inthisway, boththedrumandthegasketwill remain nice and dry and unpleasant odours will not develop inside the washing machine. 20 For best results, we recommend you use a specific detergent, taking care not to wash more than 1 kg of laundry. WOOLCYCLE
- Instructions for installation and use You must add detergent and any additives following the dosage recommended by the manufacturers:generally,allthe indications you need are on the box. Doses vary according to wash load, the water hardness and how soiled the washing is. Experience will help you select the right dosage almost automatically: it will become yoursecret. Before pouring in the detergent forpre-washingincompartment 1, make sure that the extra compartment for bleach 4 has not been inserted. When pouring in the softener in compartment3,avoid making it overflow from the grate. The washing machine automatically adds the softener to the wash in each programme. In compartment 1: Detergent for pre-washing (powder) In compartment 2: Detergent for washing (powder or liquid) In compartment 3: Additives (softeners, perfumes, etc.) In compartment 4: Bleach and delicate bleach. Thesecretsofthedetergentdispenser Its important for a good wash The first secret is the easiest: the detergent dispenserisopenedbyrotatingitoutwards. Liquid detergent is to be poured into compartment 2 only a few secondsbeforestartingthewash cycle. Remember that liquid detergent isparticularlyindicatedforwash cycles of up to 60 degrees and thosenotrequiringpre-washing. Liquidorpowderdetergentsare sold together with special containers that are to be placed directly inside the washing machine drum,according to the instructions found on the detergent box. Neverusehandwashdetergent, because it may form too much foam, which could damage the washingmachine. Detergents that are specifically indicated for both hand and machinewashareanexception. One last secret: when washing with cold water, always reduce theamountofdetergentyouuse: it dissolves less easily in cold water than in hot water, so part of it would be wasted. Cutting costs efficiently A guide to environmentally friendly and economic use of your appliance. MAXIMISE THE LOAD SIZE Achieve the best use of energy, water, detergent and time by using the recommended maximum load size. SAVE up to 50% energy by washing a full load instead of 2 half loads. DO YOU NEED TO PRE-WASH? For heavily soiled laundry only! SAVE detergent, time, water and between 5 to 15% energy consumption by NOT selecting Prewash for slight to normally soiled laundry. IS A HOT WASH REQUIRED? Pretreat stains with stain remover or soak dried in stains in water before washing to reduce the necessity of a hot wash programme. SAVE up to 50% energy by using a 60°C wash programme. BEFORE USING A DRYING PROGRAMME ... SAVE energy and time by selecting a high spin speed to reduce the water content in laundry before using a drying programme. Bleachcycle Ifbleachingisnecessary,theex- tra case 4 (provided) must be inserted into compartment 1 of thedetergentdispenser. When pouring in the bleach, be careful not to exceed the "max" level indicated on the central pivot(see illustration). The use of the additional bleach container excludes the possibilityofusingthepre-wash cycle. Traditional bleach can only be used on sturdy white fabrics, whereas delicate bleach can be used for coloured fabrics, synthetics and for wool. TheStain removaloptionisnot available in the Delicates fabric sector and with "Special wash programmes" Class A at 40°C and Daily. Should you wish to bleach separately,youshouldpourthe bleach into the extra compartment 4, set special programme Rinse only and the Stain removal option. Should you wish to bleach during the normal wash cycle, pourthedetergentandbleachin their respective compartments and enable the Stain removal option. The detergent dispenser can be removed and cleaned: just lift it up and pull it outwards ,as indicated in the figure. Then leave it under running water for a few minutes. 21 1 2 MAX 1 2 4 3 MAX MAX
-Instructionsforinstallationanduse Before calling, read the following Troubleshooting Your washing machine could fail to work. In most cases, the problems arisingcanbeeasilysolvedwithout havingtocallforatechnician.Before callingforassistance,alwayscheckthesepoints. The washing machine fails to start. Is the plug correctly inserted into the socket?It couldhavebeenmovedwhilst cleaning. Is there electricity in the house? A circuit breaker could have goneoff,perhapsbecausetoo manyappliancesareonatthe sametime.Orperhapsbecause of a general power failure in yourentirearea. Isthewashingmachinedoor closedproperly? For safety reasons, the washingmachinecannotwork ifthedoorisopenornotshut properly. Is the On/Off button pressed? If it is, then a programmed starthasbeenset. HastheStart/Resetbutton beenpressed? If it is, then a programmed starthasbeenset. Is the water tap open?For safetyreasons,ifthewashing machinedoesnotloadwater, itcannotstartawashcycle. RIGHT WRONG Close the tap after every wash cycle. Limit the use of the washing machines hydraulic system and eliminate leakage risks when no-one is at home. Always leave the appliance door ajar to avoid bad odours. Clean the appliances exteriors delicately. To clean the exteriors and the rubber parts of the appliance, always use a rag dipped in lukewarm water and soap. Leave the washing machine plugged in while cleaning. Even during mainte- nance, the appliance should always be unplugged. Use solvents and aggressive abrasives. Never use solvents or abrasives to clean the external and rubber parts of the washing machine. Neglect the detergent dispenser. It is removable and can easily be cleaned by leaving it under running water. Go on holiday without thinking about her. Before leaving, always make sure that the washing machine is unplugged and that the water tap is closed. The washing machine fails to load water. Isthetapcorrectly attachedtothepipe? Is there a water shortage ? There could be work in progress in your building or street. Is there enough pressure? The autoclave may be malfunctioning. Isthetapfilterclean?Ifthe waterisverycalcareous,orif workhasrecentlybeencarried outonthewaterpiping,thetap filter could be clogged with particlesanddebris. Istherubberhosebent?The tract of the rubber hose bringingwatertothewashing machinemustbeasstraightas possible. Make sure it is not squashedorbent. The washing machine continuously loads and unloads water. Is the drain hose positioned too low? Itmust beinstalledataheightranging from60to100cm. Is the hoses mouth immersedinwater? Does the wall drainage system have a breather pipe?Iftheproblempersists evenafterthesechecks,close the water tap, switch the appliance off and call for assistance. Ifyouliveonanupperfloorof yourbuilding,theremaybea problemwithyourdraintrap. Tosolvethisproblem,aspecial valvemustbeinstalled. 22 Simple:withthenewAristontechnology, youneedlessthan halfofit,togetgoodresultsontwiceasmuch! Thisiswhyyoucannotseethewaterthroughthedoor: becausethereislittle,verylittleofit,torespectthe environmentyetwithoutrenouncingmaximumcleanliness. And,ontopofthat,youarealsosavingelectricity. But where did all the water go?
- Instructions for installation and use Model AD 1600 Dimensions width 59,5 cm height 85 cm depth 53,5 cm Capacity from 1 to 5,5 kg Electrical connections voltage 220/230 Volt 50 Hz maximum absorbed power 1850 W Water connections maximum pressure 1 MPa (10 bar) minimum pressure 0,05 MPa (0,5 bar) drum capacity 46 litre Spinning speed up to 1600 rpm Control programs in compliance with IEC regulation 456 Turn the knob completely to the left and select a temperature of 60°C. Carried out with 5,0 kg load. This appliance conforms with the following E.E.C. directives: - 73/23/EEC of 19/02/73 (Low Voltage) and subsequent modifications - 89/336/EEC of 03/05/89 (Electromagnetic Compatibility) and subsequent modifications The washing machine does not drain or spin. Is the No iron" function selected? Complete the programme by pressing the Start button. Isthedrainpumpclogged? To check it, close the tap, unplugthewashingmachine andfollowtheinstructionson page 25, or call for technical assistance. Is the drain hose bent? The tractofthedrainhosemustbe asstraightaspossible.Make sureitisnotsquashedorbent. Is the washing machines drainductclogged?Isthere an extension of the drain hose? If so, is it positioned incorrectly,blockingthewater flow? The washing machine vibrates too much during the spin cycle. Has the internal floating unit been correctly unblocked during installation? See the followingpageoninstallation procedures. Has the washing machine beenlevelledcorrectly?The levelling of the appliance should be checked periodically. In time, the machine could move imperceptibly.Adjustthefeet andcheckthemwithalevel. Is the appliance closed in between furniture and a wall? If it is not a built-in model,thewashingmachine needstooscillateabitduring the spin cycle. A few cm of spaceshouldthereforebeleft aroundit. The washing machine leaks. Isthemetalringoftheinlet hose properly attached? Close the tap, unplug the applianceandtrytighteningits attachmentwithoutforcingit. Is the detergent dispenser obstructed?Tryextractingit and washing it under tap water. Is the drain hose well attached? Close the tap, unplugtheapplianceandtry tighteningitsattachment. Too much foam. Isthedetergentappropriate formachinewashing?Check whether its label reads the definitionformachinewash orhandandmachinewash, orothersimilarindications. Isthecorrectamountbeing used?Anexcessiveamountof detergent,besidesproducing too much foam, does not guarantee a more effective wash,andcausesscalinginthe internalpartsoftheappliance. If, despite all checks, the washing machine fails to function and the problem persists, call your nearest authorised Customer Service Centre,providingthefollowing information: - thetypeofmalfunctioning - themodeltypeno.(Mod.....) - theserialnumber(S/N....) Theseindicationscanbefound onthedataplatesituatedonthe backofthewashingmachine. Technical characteristics Always get assistance from authorised technicians and always insist on original spare parts. 23
-Instructionsforinstallationanduse When the washer arrives Installationandremoval Whether new or just transported to a new house, installation is extremely important for the correct functioning of your washing machine. The hook to be used in case the drain hose ends at a height below 60 cm. If the tube drains into a tub or sink, apply the plastic guide and tie it to the tap. The guide for draining into tubs and sinks. It must never remain immersed in water. Extensions are unadvisable. In case of absolute need, the extension must have the same diameterastheoriginalhoseand mustnotexceed150cm.Incase of wall draining pipes, their efficiency must be checked by a qualified technician. If the dwelling is on one of the upper floorsofabuilding,theremaybe drain trap problems causing the washing machine to load and unloadwatercontinuously. In order to avoid such an inconvenience,specialanti-drain trapvalvesareavailableinshops. Electric connection Beforeconnectingtheappliance to the electric socket, be sure that: 1) the electric socket is able to sustain the appliances maximum power load indicated on the data plate and in compliance with the law; 2) thesupplyvoltageisincluded within the values indicated on the data plate; 3) thesocketiscompatiblewith the appliances plug. If not, do not use adapters, but replace either the socket or the plug; 4) electrichouseholdappliances must be equipped with an earthingsystem. After removing the appliance from its packaging, check that it is intact. If in doubt, contact a qualifiedtechnicianimmediately. The inside of the machine is blocked,fortransportation,by fourscrewsonthebackpanel. Before using the washing machine, remove the screws, remove the rubber with the aid ofthespecialspacer(keepingall theparts)andusetheplastictabs provided to fill in the holes. Important:Usethecap(provided) toclosethe3holeswhichhoused the stop pin, situated in the right- handpartofthelowerbackofthe washingmachine. Levelling The washing machine must be levelled appropriatey in order to guaranteeitscorrectfunctioning. To level the appliance, the front feet must be adjusted; the angle ofinclination,measuredaccording to the worktop, must not exceed 2°.Whenplacedoncarpet,make sure the ventilation is not hamperedwithinitssurroundings. The front feet are adjustable. Connection to the water mains Waterpressuremustrangewithin the values indicated on the data plateontherearofyourwashing machine. If the water pipes are new or left unused, then before connecting the machine run the water until clear to remove debris.Connecttheinlethoseto acoldwatertaphavinga¾BSP thread. Ensure that the rubber sealingwashersarefittedateach endoftheinlethose,withthefitter washeratthetapend. A Therubbergasket. Connect the inlet hose to the threaded connector on the machinerear. Water pipe inlet at the top right. Connecting the drain hose There are two hooks (right or left) on the rear of your washing machinetowhichthedrainhose is to be fixed. Insert the other end in a duct or place it on the edge of a sink or tub avoiding excessive kinks and bending. It should be placed at a height ranging from 60 to 100 cm. In caseitisnecessarytofixtheend of the hose at a height below 60 cm from the ground, it must be fixed in the appropriate hook placed on the upper part of the backpanel. Warning! The company denies all liability if and when these norms are not respected. Plastic bags, expanded styrofoam, nails and other packaging parts are not childrens toys, and are potentially dangerous. Do not throw the blocking screws and the spacers away. In the event of a removal, they can be used to block the components inside the appliance again and so to protect it during transport. 24
- Instructions for installation and use Treatherwellandshellbeyour friendforever EasyCareandMaintenance Yourwashingmachineisareliablecompanioninlifeandonthe job.Itisjustasimportantforyoutokeepitinshape. is a washing machine designed to last a lifetimewithoutanyproblems.A fewsimplestepshelpkeepitin shapeandlastlonger.Firstly,you must close the water tap after eachwash:theconstantpressure ofwatercouldwarpafewofthe componentparts. Inaddition,bydoingso,youwill avoidtheriskofleakswhenno- oneisathome. If the water in your area is too hard, use a deliming product (water is hard if it often leaves whitish stains around taps or drains,especiallyofbathtubs. Formoreaccurateinformationas to the type of water in your system, call the local water worksoralocalplumber). Pocketsmustalwaysbeemptied removingevenpins,badgesand anyotherhardobject. The washing machine exterior should be cleaned with a rag dippedinlukewarmwaterand soap. Never exaggerate with doses. Normal detergents already containdelimingagents.Onlyif the water is particularly hard, that is, rich in lime content, do we recommend the use of a specificproductateverywash. A periodical wash cycle with a dose of a deliming product, withoutdetergentsorwashing, mayproveuseful. Neverusetoomuchdetergentor additivesbecausethiscouldcau- se an excess amount of foam, scalingandpossibledamageto the component parts of your washingmachine. When in need, check the pump and the rubber hose. comes equipped with a self-cleaning pump that does not require any cleaning or maintenance. Small objects may accidentally fall into the pump: coins, hair clips, loose buttons and other small items. To avoid possible damage, they are withheld in an accessible pre-chamber, situated at the lower end of the pump. It is important to wash the detergent dispenser regularly. To prevent dried washing powder from accumulating, place the dispenser under running water for a few minutes. Do not forget to empty all pockets: small objects can cause damage to your friend . To access this pre-chamber, just remove the panel covering the bottom of the washing machine using a screwdriver (figure 1); then lift the cover rotating it anti-clockwise (figure 2) and check its contents accurately. The rubber hose Check the rubber hose at least once a year. If you see any cracks, replace it immediately. When you use your washing machine, water pressure is very strong and a cracked tube could easily split open. Attention: make sure that the wash cycle has come to a full stop and unplug the appliance before removing the lid as well as before any type of maintenance procedure. It is normal to find that a little water comes out after removing the lid. When replacing the panel, make sure you insert the hooks situated at the bottom of the washing machine in the right slots before pushing it back against the appliance. 25 Fig. 1 Fig. 2
-Instructionsforinstallationanduse Your safety and that of your children Moreandmoreimportant has been built in compliance with the strictest international safety regulations. To protect you and all your family. Read these indications and all the information in this manual carefully: they are an important source, not only of numerous useful tips, but also of vital information on safety, use and maintenance. 1. should not be installed in an outdoor environment, not even when a roof shelters the area, because it may be very dangerous to leave it exposed to rain and thunderstorms. 2. It must only be used by adults and exclusively for washig clothes following theinstructionsprovidedin this manual. 3. Shouldithavetobemoved, proceed with the help of two or three people and handle it with the utmost care. Never try to do this alone, because the appliance is very heavy. 4. Beforeloadingthewashing machine, make sure the drum is empty. 5. Nevertouchthewashing machine when barefoot or with wet or damp hands or feet. 6. Never use extensions or multiple plugs,which are particularly dangerous in humid environments. The power supply cable must never be bent or dangerouslycompressed. 7. Neveropenthedetergent dispenser while the applianceisfunctioning; do not use hand wash detergent because the abundance of foam could damageitsinternalparts. How to change the power supply cable The power supply cable is special and can be purchased exclusively from authorised TechnicalServiceCentres. To replace it, do as follows: 1. Make sure that is switched off and unplugged. 2. Remove the covering lid by unscrewing the two screws I, and then pull it towards you [fig. 3]. 3. Disconnect the wires from the radio interference suppressor F [fig. 4] taking care as to their position (Blue=N wire; Brown=L wire) leaving the earth wire until last . N.B.: letters L, N and the symbol are indicated on the radio interference suppressor. 4. Remove the upper part of the cord lead slightly from the back panel of the appliance, pull the power supply cable upwards and take it out [fig. 5]. To connect the new power supply cable, do the reverse. To put the covering lid back on, rest it on the washing machine [fig. 6] and let it slide forwards until the hooks situated on the front slide into the special slots formed into the control panel and tighten the screws back on. Fig. 3 Fig. 4 Fig. 5 Fig. 6 8. Neverpullontheplug or the washing machine to disconnect it from the wall socket: it is extremely dangerous. 9. While the appliance is functioning, do not touch the drain water as it could reach very high temperatures. The appliance door, during wash cycles, tends to become heated; keep it out of childrens reach. Never force the washing machine door because this could damage the safety block on the opening, which serves to protect from accidental openings. 10. In case of malfunctio- ning, first close the watertapandunplugthe appliance from the wall socket; do not under any circumstances touch internal parts in order to attempt repairs. I only want an authorised specialised technician with original Ariston spare parts! 26 I N L F
- Instructions for installation and use 27
01/2002 - 195032486.01 - XEROX BUSINESS SERVICES - DOCUTECH Via Aristide Merloni, 47 - 60044 Fabriano - tel. (0732) 6611 - Italy
Have a question about the Ariston Thermo AD1600 but cannot find the answer in the user manual? Perhaps the users of ManualsCat.com can help you answer your question. By filling in the form below, your question will appear below the manual of the Ariston Thermo AD1600. Please make sure that you describe your difficulty with the Ariston Thermo AD1600 as precisely as you can. The more precies your question is, the higher the chances of quickly receiving an answer from another user. You will automatically be sent an e-mail to inform you when someone has reacted to your question.